Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2535
View in linear mode

Subject: "My New V1" Previous topic | Next topic
barb478 Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Feb 2012Sat 05-Jan-13 08:33 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"My New V1"

Seattle, US

I just got a new V1, not to replace my d700 but something lighter to carry around. I live in Seattle so this time of year the light tends towards flat. I shot this just to play. It was shot at the end of a dock, with the 18.5 1.8 lens. ISO 100, 1/160 and f5.6. The first photo is "as shot" raw and opened in Capture One. I felt it was flat as expected but seemed to have a good range.

I learned photography in the darkroom and in fact have Dectol in my veins. I just had to play with it, the second image is after about 5 min work in Photoshop. I find it much more dramatic.

Then I converted to Black and White with Silver EFX and added some sepia.

I am more than pleased with the V1 and the results that I get. Now to see how it does with Macro stuff and the 105 2.8.

Barbara

Visit Barbara Coles Photos

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Sun 06-Jan-13 11:31 PM
6881 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: My New V1"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

Nice work! It's always fun to have a new camera to play with (um, work with!) Those look like great images. I tried the 105 macro with my V1 and was very happy with it. It can give you a super crop like you never could have gotten before. And it feels very handholdable, too.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2535 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.