Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2510
View in linear mode

Subject: "V1 w/105VR Handheld - bird shot" Previous topic | Next topic
walk43 Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2012Thu 03-Jan-13 05:43 PM
704 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"V1 w/105VR Handheld - bird shot"
Thu 03-Jan-13 05:44 PM by walk43

Pennsylvania, US

The below image was with the V1 and my 105VR through a window...handheld. I have to admit that although not as good as the 'real' bird photographers here in the Nikonians, I am getting better bird shots with the V1 than I ever got with the D800...and I think it's the advantage of V1 'reach' over D800 'crop'. At least that the only thing that has really changed.

Dan
(Nikon D800 & V2)
"My most rewarding photos are those that capture something I didn't 'see' in the viewfinder....so just SHOOT."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Thu 03-Jan-13 06:38 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: V1 w/105VR Handheld - bird shot"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

Nice little white crowned sparrow! As they say, you can never get enough reach and getting more pixels in the right place is very helpful.

walk43 Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2012Thu 03-Jan-13 07:39 PM
704 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: V1 w/105VR Handheld - bird shot"
In response to Reply # 1

Pennsylvania, US

Thanks Neil,

It's still not that "perfect" shot or as good as Eric and others have in their gallerys, but I have had a very hard time getting small birds with the feather detail that I like to see. I have a few shots I like but not many. The V1 is getting me closer to where I want to be...in more ways than one.

Dan
(Nikon D800 & V2)
"My most rewarding photos are those that capture something I didn't 'see' in the viewfinder....so just SHOOT."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2510 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.