Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2462
View in linear mode

Subject: "List of third-party lenses with the FT-1" Previous topic | Next topic
jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Mon 31-Dec-12 02:28 PM
5949 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"List of third-party lenses with the FT-1"

Wethersfield, US

This thread is for listing your results of trying third-party lenses with the FT-1 adapter on a Nikon 1 body. It is my hope that the moderator will pin this to the top of the forum.

To make this list most useful, please follow these simple guidelines:

1) Put the lens manufacturer and model number in the TITLE of your posting. That way, users will be able to quickly find the lens they are interested in.

2) Post whether the lens works or doesn't. If it only partly works (e.g. meters and shoots but doesn't autofocus), say what it does. Note that lenses without internal focusing motors will definitely not autofocus with the FT-1.

3) Please don't make a "me too" post if you get the same results with a particular lens as another user got.

4) If you get different results with a particular lens, do post, but do so as a reply to the initial post about that lens in order to keep all of the posts about a particular lens in one place. (It's perfectly reasonable to expect some lenses to work differently depending on when they were produced or upgraded, even if the lens model and nomenclature is the same. Posting that you got a different result is not a slap at the original poster!)

5) Please keep the posts limited to test results on particular lenses. Adding a lot of discussion will make the thread unwieldy. Start another thread to discuss any particular lens.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 APO DG HSM
jbloom Gold Member
31st Dec 2012
Reply message Sigma 50-500mm OS & Sigma 105mm macro OS .
richardd300 Silver Member
31st Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Sigma 50-500mm OS & Sigma 105mm macro OS .
10th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: List of third-party lenses with the FT-1
nwcs Silver Member
10th Jan 2013
Reply message RE: List of third-party lenses with the FT-1
10th Jan 2013

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Mon 31-Dec-12 02:28 PM
5949 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 APO DG HSM"
In response to Reply # 0

Wethersfield, US

My older (non-OS) copy of this lens works perfectly with my FT-1 and V1, including quick and sure autofocus.

However, it gives a lens error when attached with the Sigma 1.4x or 2x teleconverters of the same vintage.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Mon 31-Dec-12 02:32 PM
3077 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "Sigma 50-500mm OS & Sigma 105mm macro OS ."
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 31-Dec-12 02:54 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, GB

Sigma 50-500mm OS (purchased Oct. 2011)
Sigma 105mm macro OS (purchased Dec. 2012)

Both lenses when fitted via the FT-1 make a click, click noise. Warning in viewfinder saying, no lens fitted and a flashing red warning box. Amendment: Nothing visible through viewfinder as the warning notice is flashing over the screen.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Thu 10-Jan-13 10:30 AM
3077 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Sigma 50-500mm OS & Sigma 105mm macro OS ."
In response to Reply # 2

Dyserth, GB

At last, found my way back to this thread.

I have asked Sigma about the 105mm OS macro and 50-500mm OS FT-1 compatibility, this is their reply:

"It seems that both your lenses require a firmware update. It is available for the 50-500 OS but Japan are still working on the update for the 105 OS is still under development will probably take 2-3 weeks".

Richard

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Thu 10-Jan-13 12:48 PM
6804 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: List of third-party lenses with the FT-1"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I tried the Sigma 150-500 and it will not work. I suspect that OS lenses won't work.

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Thu 10-Jan-13 02:07 PM
#5. "RE: List of third-party lenses with the FT-1"
In response to Reply # 4

Dyserth, GB

As Sigma have said it looks the same as the 105mm and 50-500mm OS's it needs a firmware update.

Richard

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2462 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.