jbloom Wethersfield, US Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004
Mon 31-Dec-12 03:28 PM
"List of third-party lenses with the FT-1"
This thread is for listing your results of trying third-party lenses with the FT-1 adapter on a Nikon 1 body. It is my hope that the moderator will pin this to the top of the forum.
To make this list most useful, please follow these simple guidelines:
1) Put the lens manufacturer and model number in the TITLE of your posting. That way, users will be able to quickly find the lens they are interested in.
2) Post whether the lens works or doesn't. If it only partly works (e.g. meters and shoots but doesn't autofocus), say what it does. Note that lenses without internal focusing motors will definitely not autofocus with the FT-1.
3) Please don't make a "me too" post if you get the same results with a particular lens as another user got.
4) If you get different results with a particular lens, do post, but do so as a reply to the initial post about that lens in order to keep all of the posts about a particular lens in one place. (It's perfectly reasonable to expect some lenses to work differently depending on when they were produced or upgraded, even if the lens model and nomenclature is the same. Posting that you got a different result is not a slap at the original poster!)
5) Please keep the posts limited to test results on particular lenses. Adding a lot of discussion will make the thread unwieldy. Start another thread to discuss any particular lens.
#2. "Sigma 50-500mm OS & Sigma 105mm macro OS ." In response to Reply # 0 Mon 31-Dec-12 03:54 PM by richardd300
Sigma 50-500mm OS (purchased Oct. 2011) Sigma 105mm macro OS (purchased Dec. 2012)
Both lenses when fitted via the FT-1 make a click, click noise. Warning in viewfinder saying, no lens fitted and a flashing red warning box. Amendment: Nothing visible through viewfinder as the warning notice is flashing over the screen.
#3. "RE: Sigma 50-500mm OS & Sigma 105mm macro OS ." In response to Reply # 2
At last, found my way back to this thread.
I have asked Sigma about the 105mm OS macro and 50-500mm OS FT-1 compatibility, this is their reply:
"It seems that both your lenses require a firmware update. It is available for the 50-500 OS but Japan are still working on the update for the 105 OS is still under development will probably take 2-3 weeks".