Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2434
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon1 J1 Video Setting Help" Previous topic | Next topic
shelleyblue Registered since 30th Dec 2012Sun 30-Dec-12 06:32 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon1 J1 Video Setting Help"

GB

Hello everyone

I have a Nikon 1 J1. I have done a couple of movies but when I try to upload them to Facebook or You Tube they are not processed. Facebook optimisation tips say fps must be less than 30 and on the properties of the movie it is set to 59.95. It musn't exceed 1280 px and it is at 1920 x 1080. I am guessing these are the issues but no idea what I need to do to change the setting so any movies I shoot upload to social media pages.

Please help!

Thank you
Shelley

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Wed 02-Jan-13 01:45 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon1 J1 Video Setting Help"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

Welcome to Nikonians! I haven't uploaded to YouTube so I can't speak from personal experience. But it sounds like you could use a simple movie editing package. If you're on a Mac then you can import the movie into iMovie and export into YouTube or Facebook. On Windows 7 and up there is a free Windows Movie Maker application that you can also use to convert your video for upload.

If you need more advice on the movie side then I invite you to check out our Nikon Digital Video forum.

shelleyblue Registered since 30th Dec 2012Wed 02-Jan-13 02:40 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon1 J1 Video Setting Help"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Thank you. I have the movie creator so will change the settings there.

Shelley

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2434 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.