nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2419
View in linear mode

Subject: "V1 - first time out" Previous topic | Next topic
Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Sun 30-Dec-12 11:04 AM
366 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"V1 - first time out"

Netanya, IL

I took ONLY a V1 on a recent trip to the South of France and have uploaded the results to http://www.nr-ginsbury.com/f284084026.

Being strictly amateur and not professional, I can profess to a degree of satisfaction at the IQ. This was not a "photo trip" per se and it was a real joy not to be encumbered with heavy equipment.

If anyone has the time and the inclination to look at the pix and give me some pointers for improvement, I will be most grateful.

Nathan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: V1 - first time out
JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography
30th Dec 2012
Ginsbury Gold Member
30th Dec 2012
Matto Silver Member
31st Dec 2012
richardd300 Silver Member
31st Dec 2012
Ginsbury Gold Member
01st Jan 2013
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography
02nd Jan 2013

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sun 30-Dec-12 05:31 PM
5076 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: V1 - first time out"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

I think you did quite well. I have yet to take a trip with only the V1 and not the big stuff…

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Sun 30-Dec-12 05:50 PM
366 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: V1 - first time out"
In response to Reply # 1

Netanya, IL

Thanks.

I was a tad scared at leaving my tried and trustworthy D7000 at home, but the V1 does work and better than your average P&S.

Nathan

Matto Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jan 2007Mon 31-Dec-12 03:13 PM
647 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: V1 - first time out"
In response to Reply # 0

Glenwood, US

I recently got a V1 kit with the 10-30mm and 30-110mm lenses to have a light travel kit. We went on a one day trip to New York City Saturday, and I was very pleased with the V1. It was much lighter than carrying my D7000 and 16-85mm lens, and the photos I got will be just fine at 8x10 inch enlargements. I was thinking of getting an Oly OM D, but the $400 price of the V1 kit was just too good a deal, and I am glad I got it. I have a Canon S95 P&S, and while it is small, the lack of a viewfinder and the long shutter lag makes the V1 a better travel camera if I am not expecting to do really serious work. I agree with you that the V1 is a good travel choice.

Matthew

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Mon 31-Dec-12 11:11 PM
3560 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: V1 - first time out"
In response to Reply # 3
Mon 31-Dec-12 11:15 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, UK

Some great images, shows what can be achieved. What a bridge Millau Viaduct is, I've been there in the Tarn Valley before it was built. Proudly I say, another great British design by Sir Norman Foster

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Tue 01-Jan-13 06:25 AM
#5. "RE: V1 - first time out"
In response to Reply # 4

Netanya, IL

Thanks. As as one-time Londoner - I left over 50 years ago - I can share a sense of your pride.

Nathan

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Wed 02-Jan-13 02:52 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: V1 - first time out"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

The V1 is the perfect travel camera really. It's the main reason why I got it. Although now that I have a 24-120 for my D800 it may come back to being my travel camera, too.

But the V1 performs very nicely as you've seen. And it's so inconspicuous which works out great in certain European venues where having a big DSLR gets you noticed.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2419 Previous topic | Next topic