Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2413
View in linear mode

Subject: "V1 with 80-200mm f2.8 AF-s" Previous topic | Next topic
tgreenwald Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Sat 29-Dec-12 09:31 PM
1470 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"V1 with 80-200mm f2.8 AF-s"
Sun 30-Dec-12 01:02 AM by tgreenwald

High Springs , FL, US

I recently swapped my 300mm f4 AF-s with a friend for his 80-200mm f2.8AFS as I thought it might work better on the V1 and give me a little more options with the zoom. I never thought 800mm would be too long! I shot this Blue Heron trying to eat a big Tilapia.

I stopped down a little bit as I was using a TC on this.

The 80-200mm focuses lighting fast . I came back from my Everglades hike with out a sore back. I'm not sure that the images are of the quality I was getting with my D300 but these are good enough for my use now.

Focal Length (35mm Equiv): 756 mm

I was using a Gitzo tripod with a Kirk BH-1 head. I think at 800mm you need solid support.

Exposure Time: 1/500 sec
F-Number: f/4.5
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating: 220
Exposure Bias: -0.7 EV
Metering Mode: Pattern
Light Source: Unknown
Flash: No Flash
Focal Length: 280.00 mm

The ducks in the background are Black Bellied Whistling Ducks.

I have to print some of these photos at least 8x10 but for web work the images are good enough for my non commercial purposes.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Wed 02-Jan-13 01:41 PM
6875 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: V1 with 80-200mm f2.8 AF-s"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I am so envious of that heron eating fish! I've caught them eating tiny minnow-like fish but never anything that big...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2413 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.