Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2341
View in linear mode

Subject: "DXO Scores V1 Higher than V2" Previous topic | Next topic
walk43 Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2012Thu 20-Dec-12 09:43 PM
706 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"DXO Scores V1 Higher than V2"

Pennsylvania, US

I just read on the DPR Nikon 1 Forum that DXO scored the V1 sensor at 54 and the V2 at 50. See the DPR Nikon 1 Forum for more details or go to the DXO site. Glad I got the V1 kit for $299!!

Dan
(Nikon D800, V2 & Sony HX400V SuperZoom)
"My most rewarding photos are those that capture something I didn't 'see' in the viewfinder....so just SHOOT."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: DXO Scores V1 Higher than V2
glennaa11 Silver Member
20th Dec 2012
nwcs Silver Member
21st Dec 2012
david_mathre Platinum Member
24th Dec 2012
VR8 Silver Member
25th Dec 2012
david_mathre Platinum Member
25th Dec 2012

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Thu 20-Dec-12 11:39 PM
446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: DXO Scores V1 Higher than V2"
In response to Reply # 0

Arlington, US

Well, they did pack 60% more pixels onto that same little sensor size. So I guess it just proves that more pixels doesn't equal better IQ.

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Fri 21-Dec-12 12:50 AM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: DXO Scores V1 Higher than V2"
In response to Reply # 1

Knoxville, US

Well, the question is also on how meaningful the difference really is. I bet that in most cases you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

david_mathre Platinum Member Nikonian since 23rd Nov 2006Mon 24-Dec-12 10:07 PM
530 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: DXO Scores V1 Higher than V2"
In response to Reply # 2

Skillman, US

Noise on the V2 is higher than the V1, but still less than my first DSLR - the D200. Depending on the application, it can require some post production noise reduction. Ergonomically, the V2 is a lot easier to handle.

DJM

"Images of the Day" PhotoBlog
My Nikonians Gallery
ShepArtPhotography Gallery

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Tue 25-Dec-12 11:15 PM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: DXO Scores V1 Higher than V2"
In response to Reply # 3

Ottawa, CA

My two cents. Its a trade off between poor ergonomics and some other faults on the V1 and a slightly lower DXO score. I chose ease of use. Based on current usage I have no problem with my choice, time will tell if that remains the case.

Victor

My website: www.rakmilphotography.com

david_mathre Platinum Member Nikonian since 23rd Nov 2006Tue 25-Dec-12 11:41 PM
530 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: DXO Scores V1 Higher than V2"
In response to Reply # 4

Skillman, US

I totally agree. Ergonomics and location of the selectors/dials makes the V2 a lot easier to use.

It took a lot of time to learn to use the toggle to adjust shutter speed on the V1 (which was different from any other Nikon I have used). Now switching between the V1 and V2, I find myself trying to toggle the top selector dial. I prefer the top selector dial.

DJM

"Images of the Day" PhotoBlog
My Nikonians Gallery
ShepArtPhotography Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2341 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.