nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon 1 V2 vs. Sony NEX-6?

Brodstein

San Francisco, US
94 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Brodstein Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 03rd May 2007
Mon 03-Dec-12 05:35 PM

I am trying to decide whether to get the Nikon 1 V2 or the Sony NEX-6. I have done a fair amount of research, but am very interested to hear opinions from this highly-informed group.

I am a serious Nikon user, with a system built around the D300. My main interest is travel and urban documentary photography. However, the older I get, the harder it is to lug around a "brick" all day. Hence, my motivation to get a smaller, lighter camera for those days when my energy level is not what it used to be.

Obviously there are advantages to the V2 since I already own various Nikkor lenses. On the other hand, using one of those with the V2 would defeat the purpose of carrying a smaller, lighter camera, which in turn means that another brand may not be such a disadvantage.

Any "pearls of wisdom" would be gratefully appreciated!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon 1 V2 vs. Sony NEX-6?

G