Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2108
View in linear mode

Subject: "Lens hood for V1 lenses" Previous topic | Next topic
Daveecopping Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2011Tue 20-Nov-12 06:55 PM
151 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Lens hood for V1 lenses"

Polegate, GB

I took my V1 out today, and for the first time fitted the 10 - 30mm lens plus hood. My first shot was at 10mm and the hood caused a vignetting problem. Has anyone else come up against this?

Dave

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses
david_mathre Platinum Member
22nd Nov 2012
jbloom Gold Member
06th Dec 2012
Daveecopping Silver Member
06th Dec 2012
nwcs Silver Member
06th Dec 2012
06th Dec 2012
Covey22 Moderator
06th Dec 2012
nwcs Silver Member
06th Dec 2012
jbloom Gold Member
06th Dec 2012
08th Dec 2012
Snappo Silver Member
08th Dec 2012
14th Dec 2012

david_mathre Platinum Member Nikonian since 23rd Nov 2006Thu 22-Nov-12 04:45 PM
530 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 0

Skillman, US

Although the hood from the 30-110 mm lens fits on the 10-30 mm lens, it does cause vignetting. As such, I don't use it on the 10-30 mm lens.

DJM

"Images of the Day" PhotoBlog
My Nikonians Gallery
ShepArtPhotography Gallery

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Thu 06-Dec-12 03:22 PM
5953 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 1

Wethersfield, US

Has anyone gotten the HB-N101 lens hood for the 10-30 lens? And if so, any comments about it? (Also, am I the only one who thinks it weird that Nikon doesn't supply it with the lens?)

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Daveecopping Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2011Thu 06-Dec-12 03:31 PM
151 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 2

Polegate, GB

I bought the Nikon 1 V1 with 10-30mm and 30-110mm lenses. Also in the box was a HB-N103 lens hood. I rather suspected there should have been another lens hood for the 10-30mm lens as the HB-N103 causes vignetting at 10mm.

Many thanks for clearing up this annoying little mystery.

Dave

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Thu 06-Dec-12 03:54 PM
6805 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 3

Knoxville, US

How bad is the vignetting?

Daveecopping Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2011Thu 06-Dec-12 04:03 PM
#5. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 4

Polegate, GB

Corners.

Dave

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberThu 06-Dec-12 05:09 PM
10426 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 3

US

I'm pretty sure that even with the 2-lens kit, they don't throw in the hood for the 10-30. It's one of those annoying things about this system - getting nickeled & dimed for accessories that would come with any SLR lens kit.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Thu 06-Dec-12 05:15 PM
6805 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 6

Knoxville, US

Hmm. I got mine second hand back in April and the guy sent me the box and contents and it had lens hoods for both.

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Thu 06-Dec-12 06:19 PM
5953 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 7

Wethersfield, US

He may have bought the hood separately. The hood for the 10-30 is listed as "optional," and I haven't seen anyone say they got one with their kit when bought new.

Since you do have the hood for the 10-30 anything to report about it? I assume there is no vignetting at 10 mm. Have you noticed any improvement in flare performance with the hood on versus off?

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

Daveecopping Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2011Sat 08-Dec-12 08:47 AM
#9. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 8

Polegate, GB

JJC replacement Nikon HB-N101 Lens Hood for NIKON 1 NIKKOR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 VR Lens, £7.99 from Amazon UK. The Nikon original costs £17.98. Guess which one I'm buying?

Dave

Snappo Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2004Sat 08-Dec-12 12:30 PM
247 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 9

Tulsa, US

I ordered the Nikon hood for the wifes 10-30 and it works fine, no issues. Tiny little thing.

an old duffer with the time to have fun,
Jim

Daveecopping Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2011Fri 14-Dec-12 12:57 PM
#11. "RE: Lens hood for V1 lenses"
In response to Reply # 9

Polegate, GB

The JJC replacement Nikon HB-N101 arrived this morning. No vignetting issues on the 10-30mm lens, and yes, it is a tiny little thing.

Dave

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2108 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.