nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2097
View in linear mode

Subject: "Your favorite subject types for the Nikon 1" Previous topic | Next topic
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Thu 15-Nov-12 07:38 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Poll question: Your favorite subject types for the Nikon 1"

Knoxville, US

The Nikon 1 system has been out a year and I know a lot of you have experimented and used your 1 system for various things. Now that the dust has settled for most of us I thought it would be interesting to see what types of subjects everyone is finding themselves drawn to with the 1.

For myself, I would say landscapes. I'm not big into landscapes but I've enjoyed doing them with my V1. Mostly intimate landscapes instead of the vast vistas. I've done a little with people and I've done some still life, etc. but keep finding myself using my V1 for landscapes and my D800 for everything else.

Poll result (11 votes)
Landscapes (3 votes)Vote
Wildlife (3 votes)Vote
People (1 votes)Vote
Buildings/Structures (1 votes)Vote
Still Life (0 votes)Vote
Other (3 votes)Vote

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 16-Nov-12 04:46 PM
10884 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Your favorite subject types for the Nikon 1"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I voted for other because I use it as a snapshot camera, even though I'm shooting RAW/NEF. It's too convenient not to!

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Fri 16-Nov-12 06:33 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Your favorite subject types for the Nikon 1"
In response to Reply # 1

Knoxville, US

I definitely use it for that, too. And a lot easier on the hard drive than the D800 as a snapshot camera! I got the V1 for travel initially but found that I don't use it for that as much. After I get married next year I'm going to give the V1 to my girlfriend as she develops her interests in photography. She really enjoys using the V1.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2097 Previous topic | Next topic