Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2040
View in linear mode

Subject: "Handled The Nikon 1 V2 Today" Previous topic | Next topic
SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004Sat 27-Oct-12 01:20 AM
1421 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Handled The Nikon 1 V2 Today"
Sat 27-Oct-12 10:29 AM by SRFast

New York City, US

I attended the PhotoPlus Expo at the Javits Center today and got to handle the new V2. The Nikon rep told me it was supposed to remain in the display case, but she was kind enough to allow me to handle it. Because it was a pre-production demo model, there was no battery in it. The V2 has a nice feel to it. I am currently shooting a D3S so I really liked the front grip. The on-board flash is a nice idea also.

I prefer the V2 over the V1. Since the pricing is similar, I doubt anyone will choose the V1 over the V2. I'm glad I held off on buying a V1 because the V2 has piqued my interest.

Regards...JL

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sat 27-Oct-12 04:19 AM
4179 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Handled The Nikon 1 V2 Today"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

In the other "will you upgrade" thread, I forget to mention, yes the addition of an on-board flash is a plus, and it's guide number is nearly the same as my SB-N5 that I already own.

I agree the V2 is a better total package. Keep us posted if you get it...

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Sat 27-Oct-12 11:00 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Handled The Nikon 1 V2 Today"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

Interesting... how did you find the handling of the V2? Non-shooting, that is. More ergonomics.

SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004Sun 28-Oct-12 02:23 AM
1421 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Handled The Nikon 1 V2 Today"
In response to Reply # 2

New York City, US

Neil,
I liked the ergonomics. Though I own a Nikon P7000, I don't use is much because there isn't much to hold on to. This is not the case with the V2 because I was able to wrap my fingers around the front grip. The shutter release button is on the grip and not directly on top of the camera and that works well for me. The raised optical viewfinder is another nice touch.

I liked what I saw in the short time I spent with the V2 and will definitely take a closer look when it hits the store shelves.

Regards...JL

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2040 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.