Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1979
View in linear mode

Subject: "Using the Sigma 150 mm micro" Previous topic | Next topic
Snappo Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2004Mon 22-Oct-12 03:37 PM
290 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Using the Sigma 150 mm micro"

Tulsa, US

My 1 V1 does not recognize the Sigma f/4 150 mm micro lens. Firmware has been upgraded. Nikon lenses ae recognized and work fine.

Anyone having success with this combo or can you shed any light on my issue?

Thanks in advance................

an old duffer with the time to have fun,
Jim

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Using the Sigma 150 mm micro
Covey22 Moderator
22nd Oct 2012
Snappo Silver Member
22nd Oct 2012
nwcs Silver Member
22nd Oct 2012
Snappo Silver Member
22nd Oct 2012
Dett Silver Member
09th Nov 2012
Covey22 Moderator
11th Nov 2012

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberMon 22-Oct-12 05:44 PM
10680 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Using the Sigma 150 mm micro"
In response to Reply # 0

US

There's a Sigma 150mm f2.8 - current Macro model features Optical Stabilization (VR equivalent) and Hypersonic Motor (Silent Wave drive equivalent). Is this your version?

If so, OS is known to cause incompatibility problems with FT-1. Same thing with Tamron's VC. This is based on user feedback when the adapter first came out.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Snappo Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2004Mon 22-Oct-12 08:13 PM
290 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Using the Sigma 150 mm micro"
In response to Reply # 1

Tulsa, US

Yes, it is the OS version. The Sigma is a great lens on the D600, darn I sold my Nikon 105 just before I got the macro idea on the V1. Looks like others have the same problem with the Sigma 150. Thanks for the update.

Jim

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Mon 22-Oct-12 08:51 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Using the Sigma 150 mm micro"
In response to Reply # 2

Knoxville, US

Yeah, the Sigma 150-500 is one lens I had thought to use with my V1 for fun but it won't work either.

Snappo Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Apr 2004Mon 22-Oct-12 09:34 PM
#4. "RE: Using the Sigma 150 mm micro"
In response to Reply # 3

Tulsa, US

I haven't mounted my Sigma 150-500 on the V1 yet. Trying to get set up for micro. Wish I still had the Nikkor 105mm to use with the V1, bummer!

Jim

Dett Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Aug 2006Fri 09-Nov-12 08:44 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Using the Sigma 150 mm micro"
In response to Reply # 3

Neckargemuend, DE

My Sigma 120-400 mm OS DG is not recognized as a lens by my V1+FT1.
Also an OS lens, same problem!?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberSun 11-Nov-12 08:45 PM
10680 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Using the Sigma 150 mm micro"
In response to Reply # 5

US

>My Sigma 120-400 mm OS DG is not recognized as a lens by my
>V1+FT1.
>Also an OS lens, same problem!?

Yes.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1979 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.