nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1956
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help: J1 Flash stopped working" Previous topic | Next topic
Firoze Registered since 21st Jun 2012Sat 13-Oct-12 08:10 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Help: J1 Flash stopped working"

IN

Hello,

I have a four month old Nikon J1. Recently the Flash completely quit firing. I have tried all modes and all settings but it just wont work. Also tried removing the battery for a few days but that did not help either.

I wonder if this may be a known issue with the J1 - see this post on the Nikon website: http://answers.nikonusa.com/answers/7022/product/Nikon-1-J1/nikon-inc-nikon-1-j1-questions-answers/questions.htm?sort=recentq

Here is the relevant quote from the above link:
"QUESTION
we recently bought a j1 and the flash quit working a few days later, is this a known issue and has it been resolved with the j2?
on Nikon 1 J1

Answers
You will need to send your camera for service in order to be evaluated by one of our technicians to find out what's wrong with your camera. Title: How do I get my Nikon product serviced?
URL: http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bi...
Staff
answered 2 weeks, 4 days ago
NikonStaff 2 weeks, 4 days ago".

I would appreciate any suggestions I might try to get the flash working.

Else, looks like I will have to send the camera to the Nikon Calif service centre for repairs..
Which brings me to another issue - surprisingly, in the Service request form that one is required to fill out online, where the camera type is to be selected, there is no option for any Nikon 1 series cameras. There are only Coolpix and D-SLR options. So which option are Nikon 1 users supposed to select? See here: http://form.nikonimagesvcapprove.com

I would be grateful for any help with the above. Thanks in advance!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberSat 13-Oct-12 09:25 PM
10884 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Help: J1 Flash stopped working"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I would pick Digital SLR, then other...

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Firoze Registered since 21st Jun 2012Sat 13-Oct-12 09:37 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Help: J1 Flash stopped working"
In response to Reply # 1

IN

@Covey22 Thank you!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1956 Previous topic | Next topic