nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1952
View in linear mode

Subject: "Focus peaking" Previous topic | Next topic
Speedybee Registered since 29th Jun 2012Fri 12-Oct-12 02:58 PM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Focus peaking"

UK

Focus peaking seems to be the latest craze but do you really need it? Nikon appears to be of the opinion that we don't. I would be interested in other opinions.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Tue 16-Oct-12 04:38 AM
4479 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Focus peaking"
In response to Reply # 0

Alberta, CA

I've never seen it in operation but yes folk do speak highly of it (NEX cameras) and zebras while you are at it for the manual focus video people is highly sought after.

I'm an AF kind of guy myself, but maybe if I had these tools I'd be more inclined to MF?

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSat 20-Oct-12 02:05 PM
3176 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Focus peaking"
In response to Reply # 1

Monterey Bay, US

I just got an external Camax HDMI Monitor to use for shooting Videos with my Cameras.
I mount it on the TriPod leg and can shoot behind myself while seated.
It has (white) focus peaking that could be useful, especially for stills.
However, so far, I have not really needed it
due to the high resolution (1280x800) of the 5.6" screen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1952 Previous topic | Next topic