Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1872
View in linear mode

Subject: "V1 Remote control" Previous topic | Next topic
kenuck Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2008Mon 17-Sep-12 02:39 PM
85 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"V1 Remote control"

Burnaby, CA

Is there any way to remotely control the V1 - beyond single shutter release using the ML-L3 IR remote?

Camera Control 2 software does not appear to support the V1...??

Anything 3rd party that would at least allow 5-10 fps? Currently I only seem to be able to get about 1 fps - one press for each firing (even in C mode).

While shooting video is there any way that the ML-L3 can be used to shoot stills?

Ken

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Mon 17-Sep-12 10:41 PM
6804 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: V1 Remote control"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I haven't seen anything out there yet. We may need to wait and see what Nikon does with the 1 series. I don't have that particular remote so I can't test for the video question you asked. Hopefully one of the other members here can chime in.

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Tue 18-Sep-12 01:21 AM
442 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: V1 Remote control"
In response to Reply # 0

Arlington, US

The smart photo selector mode shoots a burst of several frames in a short period of time. And you can also shoot at "up to" 5 fps in shutter priority and manual mode or if you use the electronic shutter you can shoot "approx 10,30, or 60 fps" according to the specs.

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

kenuck Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2008Tue 18-Sep-12 02:18 AM
85 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: V1 Remote control"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue 18-Sep-12 02:36 AM by kenuck

Burnaby, CA

Thanks Glenn. I should have mentioned that I wanted to be able to trigger multiple shots remotely so as not to jiggle the camera - for macrophotography and astrophotography. Unfortunately the remote is disabled or ineffective (continuous mode at 10,30 or 60fps requires the on-camera shutter, pressing the remote triggers one shot) in all of those modes.

Nikon: firmware upgrade please

Ken

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1872 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.