nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem with Nikon 1 10-30 lenses when unlocking

Iggy970

SE
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Iggy970 Registered since 03rd Sep 2012
Mon 03-Sep-12 09:06 AM

Hi,

I have just bought a Nikon J1 with 10-30 lenses and while the camera works just fine there is one issue with the lenses that annoys me:

First I realized that sometimes there is problem when unlocking the lenses. It kind of get stuck so that I needed to use force to unlock it.
Later I realized that it might be due to pushing the top of the lenses when putting the lens cover in place. So slight push will "extra lock" the lenses so that it gets hard to unlock.

Later I also tried to test the following: I removed the lenses from the body and the unlocking works just fine! I was trying to push down the top even harder in order to get the lenses stuck, but all worked just fine. But at the moment I put the lenses on the body, the problem starts all over again.

The workaround is to pull the "zoom body" a bit up before the unlocking to "unstuck" the lenses, but I don't find this as a satisfactory, since I would like to be able to do fast shots without thinking of extra pulling teh lenses or so.

So the question is if that is just a problem that will disappear by time, when the lenses are unlocked like 100 times, or the problem is bigger and needs service?

Thank you in advance for the answer!

G