Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1780
View in linear mode

Subject: "CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released" Previous topic | Next topic
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberTue 21-Aug-12 02:29 PM
10629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released"

US

Nikon has released Version 1.10 firmware for the 10-30mm and 30-110mm CX lenses. The update allows Nikon J2 cameras to be shut off by collapsing the lenses to their carry position.

Find links to the firmware and more details after the jump to Nikonians News...

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released
pentwater Silver Member
21st Aug 2012
Covey22 Moderator
21st Aug 2012
scottishsoldier
05th Sep 2012
nwcs Silver Member
05th Sep 2012
scottishsoldier
05th Sep 2012
nwcs Silver Member
05th Sep 2012
scottishsoldier
05th Sep 2012
Covey22 Moderator
05th Sep 2012

pentwater Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Dec 2003Tue 21-Aug-12 04:20 PM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released"
In response to Reply # 0

Jupiter, US

Nikon is being pretty coy in how they are handling this release. While the description refers to Nikon 1 cameras released on and after August 2012, the NikonUSA website shows the latest release for the two lenses as 1.10 rather than 1.02 for V1/J1 and 1.10 for the J2 and future releases. I guess it means that the 1.10 release is not a problem for an older model, it just won't do anything. Saying that would have been helpful.

Bill

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberTue 21-Aug-12 04:54 PM
10629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Agreed. It's been a game of "read-between-the-lines," even when people noted the possibility of power-off when they drilled down the technical specs of the CX 11-27 when it was released. Nikon knows they're not fooling anyone, but USA can't make a move without Japan HQ's assent, so they have to play this charade...

-Armando
Nikonians Team

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.

See My Nikonians Gallery

scottishsoldier Registered since 23rd Dec 2007Wed 05-Sep-12 04:51 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released"
In response to Reply # 2

Abbotsford, CA

Does anyone know if Nikon will issue an update so that the J1 and V1 can be turned off when the lens barrel is collapsed and locked?
It would seem to be a simple "fix" to me but, who knows?
Bas

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Wed 05-Sep-12 12:08 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released"
In response to Reply # 3

Knoxville, US

Unfortunately only Nikon knows and they aren't talking. But indications are that they won't be doing this in order to create some distinction for the J2 which is otherwise not very distinctive.

scottishsoldier Registered since 23rd Dec 2007Wed 05-Sep-12 04:09 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released"
In response to Reply # 4

Abbotsford, CA

I just got off of the phone with the Nikon techs in Toronto and they tell me that the camera is supposed to shutdown when the lenses are closed down and locked. They want the camera & lenses sent to Toronto to rectify the problem.

They claim that the meaning of the phrase having to do with August 2012 is that all cameras shipped to dealers from August will have the updates installed.

Very confusing, to say the least!

Bas

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Wed 05-Sep-12 05:10 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released"
In response to Reply # 5

Knoxville, US

Hmmm... interesting. We'll have to keep an eye on it.

scottishsoldier Registered since 23rd Dec 2007Wed 05-Sep-12 08:18 PM
#8. "RE: CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released"
In response to Reply # 6

Abbotsford, CA

No Armando, I have a V1 purchased in November, 2011.

I have both the 10-30mm and 30-110mm lenses as well as the 10mm.

A good friend & dealer is at the Nikon facility in Richmond, BC today and will be discussing these issues with the chief tech. As soon as I hear something I will let the board know.

Bas

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberWed 05-Sep-12 08:11 PM
#7. "RE: CX Lenses Firmware Update V1.10 Released"
In response to Reply # 5

US

To confirm - you have a J1 and they know that?

Are you sending it back in?

-Armando
Nikonians Team

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1780 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.