Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1744
View in linear mode

Subject: "J1 with 10-100mm lens - Camera Bag????" Previous topic | Next topic
tubs32 Registered since 10th Aug 2012Fri 10-Aug-12 02:51 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"J1 with 10-100mm lens - Camera Bag????"

US

Hello,

I just purchased the 10-100mm lense for my J1 today, and I'm wondering if you know of a good bag that will fit the camera with lens attached. I don't wish to carry much else, other than 1 spare battery and a couple memory cards. So, I don't want a BIG bag, I want a "just right" bag. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Tubs

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: J1 with 10-100mm lens - Camera Bag????
Covey22 Moderator
10th Aug 2012
tubs32
10th Aug 2012
nwcs Silver Member
10th Aug 2012
FredB D3 Silver Member
11th Aug 2012
Captain Rich Silver Member
05th Sep 2012

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 10-Aug-12 03:25 AM
10705 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: J1 with 10-100mm lens - Camera Bag????"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Try a Loewpro Apex 100 as a starting point. You may need the next size up depending on exactly what else you're carrying.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

tubs32 Registered since 10th Aug 2012Fri 10-Aug-12 03:46 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: J1 with 10-100mm lens - Camera Bag????"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks! I'll check it out.

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Fri 10-Aug-12 12:11 PM
6823 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: J1 with 10-100mm lens - Camera Bag????"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I use a ThinkTank Retrospective 5 bag. It's a little expensive but it has everything you'd need. It has a connected rainbag, front zipper pocket, a hand strap and shoulder strap. It easily holds my V1 and 10-30, 30-110 lenses. I can also stick my iPhone and charger in there. It's a great travel bag.

I took it on a recent trip and it was very nice to use. Next week I'm heading to Dallas for work and I'll be bringing it with me there, too.

FredB D3 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jun 2008Sat 11-Aug-12 11:27 AM
871 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: J1 with 10-100mm lens - Camera Bag????"
In response to Reply # 3

Potomac, US

Hi Tubs,

I use a Tamrac Rally 6 bag (http://www.tamrac.com/3446.htm). The main section can hold a lens in one partition and another lens or the FT1 adapter in the other partition. The center partition will hold the camera with an attached lens pointed down, and resting on a pad. Underneath the pad is a spare battery. The two pockets in the front zippered section hold the flash in one pocket, and GPS in the other. There is still room for a filter, microfiber cloth, and other small stuff.

Now I want a bag that will hold all of the above plus a Nikkor 70-200. I probably have something lying around that will do.

Fred
Maryland, USA

Captain Rich Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006Wed 05-Sep-12 04:41 PM
1189 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: J1 with 10-100mm lens - Camera Bag????"
In response to Reply # 3

Savannah, US

+1 on the R-5. Out of ALL my bags, it's my favorite. Very comfortable to carry.

Rich

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1744 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.