nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1743
View in linear mode

Subject: "Professional Clip Showing V1 and FT-1 Use - Amazing" Previous topic | Next topic
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 10-Aug-12 12:40 AM
10884 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Professional Clip Showing V1 and FT-1 Use - Amazing"

US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFCsy2uVnfU

The images are stunning and clearly she's not hampered by the limitations of the FT-1 adapter.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Professional Clip Showing V1 and FT-1 Use - Amazing
ithompson72 Silver Member
10th Aug 2012
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography
10th Aug 2012
texspeel Silver Member
10th Aug 2012
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
10th Aug 2012
tgreenwald Silver Member
14th Aug 2012
rhulbert Gold Member Winner of the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded for his limitless enthusiasm and extraordinarily genial nature consistently in support of Nikonians Writer Ribbon awarded for his generous and valuable contributions to the Nikonians Articles (Resources) section.
11th Aug 2012

ithompson72 Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Aug 2008Fri 10-Aug-12 01:12 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Professional Clip Showing V1 and FT-1 Use - Amazing"
In response to Reply # 0

Chichester, UK

Wow, that's impressive. Although that 600mm lens on a V1 is something else.

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Fri 10-Aug-12 01:17 PM
6892 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Professional Clip Showing V1 and FT-1 Use - Amazing"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

Amazing! I haven't gotten that kind of quality out of my D800 yet (it feels like!). She's a fantastic photographer. And being a nature lover it's gotten me inspired to try some things this month!

texspeel Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Nov 2011Fri 10-Aug-12 04:20 PM
355 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Professional Clip Showing V1 and FT-1 Use - Amazing"
In response to Reply # 0

Fairfax Station, US

Armando,
Thanks for posting. I've had my V1 for a couple of months and am still playing with lens combinations.
Sawadee from Nail 27!
Best,
Tom

"Nothing can be recognized without light and shade. It is only through the eye, the window of the soul, that we can truly understand the complex workings of nature." - Leonardo da Vinci

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 10-Aug-12 05:22 PM
10884 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Professional Clip Showing V1 and FT-1 Use - Amazing"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Sawadee Tom!

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

tgreenwald Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Tue 14-Aug-12 11:58 AM
1473 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: Professional Clip Showing V1 and FT-1 Use - Amazing"
In response to Reply # 4

High Springs , FL, US

It would be interesting to compare the V1 with a D40? I think were seeing the benefit of superb Nikkor lenses vs the superior technology of the V1.

I would love to see results like this from the Series 1 lenses not a 600mm f4 of which I do not want to carry around.

rhulbert Gold Member Winner of the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded for his limitless enthusiasm and extraordinarily genial nature consistently in support of Nikonians Writer Ribbon awarded for his generous and valuable contributions to the Nikonians Articles (Resources) section. Charter MemberSat 11-Aug-12 04:34 PM
572 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Professional Clip Showing V1 and FT-1 Use - Amazing"
In response to Reply # 0

North Vancouver, CA

One of the unsung benefits of the V1 sensor size is that you can achieve an increased depth of field when compared to the APSC and "Full" sized sensors. I think her photos demonstrate that advantage, although it would be good to know the aperture and resulting shutter speed used for each of the photos.
I appreciate that only the center focus area is active with the FT-1 adapter, but I note that there are a number of us Nikonians who only use the center focus area on our larger bodies.

Rick Hulbert
Vancouver, Canada
http://www.rickhulbertphotography.com

Member, Nikonians Academy Faculty
http://www.nikoniansacademy.com/viewFacultyPage.html?page_id=8

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1743 Previous topic | Next topic