nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

So what do you love about the Nikon 1?

nwcs

Knoxville, US
6936 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006
Thu 09-Aug-12 03:43 PM

I've had my V1 for several months now and it competes for time with my D800, my iPhone, and my re-emerged interest in film. So it got me thinking, what keeps me coming back to using the Nikon 1?

For me, it comes down to several things:

1. Light weight: LOVE the size of this thing. I use a ThinkTank Retrospective 5 shoulder bag which makes it very easy to carry this camera around with several lenses.
2. Quality: I'm convinced the image quality is the same as my old D200 and that is really good.
3. Discreteness: It's easier to take the V1 into a ballpark and get great shots without the disapproving/disallowing glances of site security that allow compact cameras but not DSLRs.
4. Shareability: When I go somewhere with my girlfriend I let her use it. She's really enjoyed using it. It encourages her to experiment and become interested in photography by doing and not just looking.

So what are the things you love about the Nikon 1 series?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: So what do you love about the Nikon 1?

G