nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Interested in Nikon 1 camera possibilities, help please.

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
3811 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Fri 06-Jul-12 10:15 PM

I have taken an interest in the Nikon 1 camera technology, although my knowledge is quite minimal at present. I was looking to upgrade my coolpix P6000 for a P7100 or Canon G10 when I decided to take a look at Nikon 1 technology.

I have a D7000 and D700 which from a dSLR point of view suit me well enough, the D700 for landscape, portrait etc, the D7000 for wildife, birds in flight etc both with associated pro lenses to meet the needs of both interests. I use the Coolpix for travel and when dSLR kit is too heavy etc. However, the Nikon 1 interests me for doing what my P6000 does, but with greater flexibility.

I am interested in what's good, what's poor and the added flexibility it can allow me. Is the V1 a great step above the J1 and why? What are the true benefits of using my existing AF-S lenses and about the IQ I may expect? Low light capabilities, high ISO noise etc. a lot of questions, but a fair step up financially from a compact, so your experiences would be most useful please.

Your input will be very gratefully received.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Interested in Nikon 1 camera possibilities, help pl...

G