nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1499
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sensor cleaning" Previous topic | Next topic
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography   Knoxville, US  Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006 Sun 27-May-12 08:23 PM
6895 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Sensor cleaning"

So what are you guys doing to wet clean the sensor? I ended up needing to experiment today. Somehow the cap fell off the camera and had some spots on the sensor. So I took some eclipse and the corner of a swab for the FX and tried my best to get the spot off. Worked. But this'll happen again someday so I want to be prepared for next time...

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   Frederick, US  Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009 Sun 27-May-12 09:31 PM
1603 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Sensor cleaning"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't had to clean mine yet, but I wonder if there are four thirds size swabs that you could use sideways? The DX size swabs are too big also I believe, but they would be closer than the FX swabs.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, D750, and a handful of lenses.size>

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography   Knoxville, US  Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006 Fri 10-Aug-12 08:22 PM
6895 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Sensor cleaning"
In response to Reply # 1

Just had this come up again today. Thankfully a rocket blast took care of the problem but it got me thinking... Anyone else come up with a method since I first posted this?

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1499 Previous topic | Next topic