Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1477
View in linear mode

Subject: "FT-1 with 3rd party lenses?" Previous topic | Next topic
glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Fri 25-May-12 05:24 PM
446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FT-1 with 3rd party lenses?"

Arlington, US

I was wondering if those of you with the FT-1 adapter have tried it with 3rd party lenses. I have a couple of Tamron lenses that I like quite a bit. I know that Nikon just shows Nikon compatibility. I was at my local camera shop this AM to handle the V1 and the sales guy there had no idea. He didn't even think you could control exposure beyond what you can do with a P&S so it was clear he didn't know anything much about the camera which was a big disappointment to me.

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

King Nothing Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2011Fri 25-May-12 05:59 PM
116 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: FT-1 with 3rd party lenses?"
In response to Reply # 0

Cranbrook, CA

I tried it with the only two third party lenses I have. My Sigma 10-20mm autofocuses and meters on the FT-1. My Tamron 90mm macro meters but it doesn't autofocus at all. I've heard from others who find it to be hit and miss between lenses as well. So your lenses may or may not work properly. It'll be a while before the third party makers reverse engineer the communication for the FT-1 and update their lenses if they bother to.

Jamy1946 Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Aug 2011Sat 26-May-12 10:07 AM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: FT-1 with 3rd party lenses?"
In response to Reply # 0

Chonburi, TH

I used a Tamron 70-300VC for a while and was quite happy with the results. No complaint here

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

chgortari Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Nov 2010Sat 26-May-12 05:36 PM
51 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: FT-1 with 3rd party lenses?"
In response to Reply # 2

El Paso, US

Won't work with my sigma 150-500.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

glennaa11 Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Aug 2004Sun 27-May-12 03:33 AM
446 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: FT-1 with 3rd party lenses?"
In response to Reply # 3

Arlington, US

Thanks for the info. I have the Tamron 90mm macro and the 18-270mm VC PZD in addition to a bunch of Nikkors.

Trying to make a decision of V1 vs NEX-7 now. Obviously two very different price points and tools. I think the V1 is actually heavier. I was shocked how light the NEX-7 was. But I loved the controls and interface of the NEX-7 in the couple of minutes I handled it.

Glenn
http://picasaweb.google.com/GlennAuve
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/71182/cat/500

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1477 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.