Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1450
View in linear mode

Subject: "Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this" Previous topic | Next topic
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Mon 21-May-12 08:10 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this"

Knoxville, US

I posted this in the wildlife forum. I had my D700 with me and I took some nice pictures with it but nothing that turned out this nice with the FT1 and 70-300...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this
nwcs Silver Member
21st May 2012
adcam Gold Member
21st May 2012
slothead Gold Member
21st May 2012
ericbowles Moderator
22nd May 2012
nwcs Silver Member
22nd May 2012
nwcs Silver Member
22nd May 2012
texspeel Silver Member
12th Jun 2012
nwcs Silver Member
12th Jun 2012

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Mon 21-May-12 08:30 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

And this...

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Mon 21-May-12 10:40 PM
590 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this"
In response to Reply # 0

Portland, US

Nice pictures and looks really sharp. I've been temptes thus far But may wait for the next generation since I am in no hurry. Thanks for sharing.

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Mon 21-May-12 11:43 PM
1546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this"
In response to Reply # 0

Frederick, US

He needs to wipe his beak!

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 22-May-12 10:50 AM
8607 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Nice ones, Neil. Regardless of which camera was used, these are fine images. With the V1, it shows the capability of the camera in skilled hands.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Tue 22-May-12 12:27 PM
#5. "RE: Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this"
In response to Reply # 4

Knoxville, US

I end up thinking of a musician friend of mine who told me a story about his violin. He couldn't afford a good one in college and he was complaining to his professor about it. He said he couldn't play a particular piece because the violin just wasn't good enough. The professor took the violin and played a masterpiece. He handed it back to my friend and said, essentially, that the problem wasn't the violin.

The V1 is a great camera. It's not an all-around everything camera, though. But if you play to its strengths then it will perform brilliantly.

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Tue 22-May-12 12:28 PM
#6. "RE: Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this"
In response to Reply # 4

Knoxville, US

BTW, Eric, can you imagine the fun this winter shooting sandhills with a V1 and a long lens???

texspeel Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Nov 2011Tue 12-Jun-12 03:45 PM
348 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 12-Jun-12 04:02 PM by texspeel

Fairfax Station, US

Neil,
Great shots!! Since I just got my V1, I'd be very interested in what camera settings you were using, i.e., shutter speed, etc. I'm taking my new V1 and 200-400 out birding this weekend!
Best, Tom

"Nothing can be recognized without light and shade. It is only through the eye, the window of the soul, that we can truly understand the complex workings of nature." - Leonardo da Vinci

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Tue 12-Jun-12 05:41 PM
#8. "RE: Whenever I doubt the V1 I'll come back to this"
In response to Reply # 7

Knoxville, US

I'll have to look it up when I get home from work. But off the top of my head it was Aperture priority, 70-300 VR @ 300 wide open. I think the meta data is in the file if you want to inspect it.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1450 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.