Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1436
View in linear mode

Subject: "She's figuring out her new V1" Previous topic | Next topic
michaelhager Registered since 15th Feb 2007Fri 18-May-12 02:07 PM
2284 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"She's figuring out her new V1"

Fountain Inn, US

Bought my wife a V1 and packed her off to California with very little instruction on the camera.
Looks like she got it pretty well figured out!

C. Michael Hager
Your most important piece of photo equipment is built into your face.
www.cmhager.com/Content/photo.shtml

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: She's figuring out her new V1
nwcs Silver Member
18th May 2012
wblink
18th May 2012
slothead Gold Member
19th May 2012
michaelhager
01st Jun 2012
ShaoLynx Gold Member
02nd Jun 2012

nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Fri 18-May-12 02:17 PM
6821 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: She's figuring out her new V1"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I'd say so! Great pic!

wblink Registered since 09th Feb 2009Fri 18-May-12 03:44 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: She's figuring out her new V1"
In response to Reply # 1

Gendt, NL

OK.

And WHAT does this tell us about V1, You, Your wife????

Willem

Sony Nex-7

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Sat 19-May-12 01:07 AM
1546 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: She's figuring out her new V1"
In response to Reply # 0

Frederick, US

I think anyone that has become proficient with a P&S would have no problem whatsoever with the J1/V1, so I'm not surprised that your wife would do very well. If you tell me that she's a pro photographer, I would be confused (not really, but I would expect it would be a little more difficult for her). Nice image.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

michaelhager Registered since 15th Feb 2007Fri 01-Jun-12 04:29 PM
2284 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#4. "RE: She's figuring out her new V1"
In response to Reply # 3

Fountain Inn, US

I would describe my wife as a very proficient semi pro. She's generally a really good photographer. She shoots with me at weddings and events and she is my stylist with hair and makeup or setting up group shots for the best composition.

She worked on this image some in making sure the correct colored balloons were in the right place for the shot. She is used to my D70s or D300 with pretty big lenses but complains of the weight and size, especially of the D300 for travel. Hence the V1. We were both surprised at the quality and clarity of the images. We're both still learning about the controls since they're basically all menu driven instead of button or wheel driven as we're used to, but over all, this is a great little camera and does a superb job!

C. Michael Hager
Your most important piece of photo equipment is built into your face.
www.cmhager.com/Content/photo.shtml

ShaoLynx Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Aug 2010Sat 02-Jun-12 09:58 AM
29 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: She's figuring out her new V1"
In response to Reply # 0

Tienen, BE

Sorry to say this, Michael, but shouldn't the little dress look white instead of blue?
Overall the WB looks rather cold to me. Apart from that I would also brighten up the face a little, so as to focus the attention a little more.
Apart from these suggestions (what's to like?) it's a captivating picture.
Especially the compo is very strong.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1436 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.