Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #142
View in linear mode

Subject: "V1 Action Movies" Previous topic | Next topic
RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSun 02-Oct-11 01:56 PM
3155 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"V1 Action Movies"

Monterey Bay, US

Will the V1 keep up with an Action sequence?

My main purpose for getting this camera is to use it where the D5100/D7000 fails.
If it cannot do this, I should spend the money on groceries or rent instead of wasting it on a Toy.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: V1 Action Movies
briantilley Moderator
02nd Oct 2011
RRRoger Silver Member
02nd Oct 2011
rickbuddy
21st Oct 2011
RRRoger Silver Member
21st Oct 2011
RRRoger Silver Member
23rd Dec 2011
KnightPhoto Gold Member
23rd Dec 2011

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sun 02-Oct-11 02:16 PM
28859 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: V1 Action Movies"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

I suspect we will have to wait for some independent tests before we know the answer to that.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSun 02-Oct-11 02:24 PM
3155 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: V1 Action Movies"
In response to Reply # 1

Monterey Bay, US

With the V1 delivery dates ranging from Oct 18th to sometime in December,
there has been a real shortage of "Hands On" tests.

Perhaps someone can link us to something relevant?

rickbuddy Registered since 08th Mar 2011Fri 21-Oct-11 01:45 AM
92 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: V1 Action Movies"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Roger!

I wrote Thom Hogan about the video capabilities and he seemed to think the focus speed on the video was really fast on his sample.

I saw these test videos and found the focus fast without a lot of hunting.

http://pixinfo.com/cikkek/nikon_1_v1.6

If it is speed for focus and frame rate, it seems like this little dog can get out and fetch 'em.

Rick

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberFri 21-Oct-11 03:09 AM
#4. "RE: V1 Action Movies"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 21-Oct-11 03:27 AM by RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US

I liked how you said it, so

I checked the Video (?)
Looked more like a slide show, but
the focusing was pretty fast.

Thanks, I am sure more and better demos will be coming.

I noticed that the expected first shipments have been moved from October to Nov 15th.
But, I just heard that some are expected for tomorrow.

It would be real nice to be able to get "Hands On" locally.

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberFri 23-Dec-11 02:48 AM
#5. "RE: V1 Action Movies"
In response to Reply # 4

Monterey Bay, US

I got my V1 and it works fine for Action Movies.
The FullTime AutoFocus is very fast and accurate even in the dark.

Problem is that anything needing more than 1600 ISO (not always) is often subject to moire and orange cast.

It really depends on the lighting.
This was taken at AutoISO 3200

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MspK-mKS9Fw

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Fri 23-Dec-11 10:10 PM
4249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: V1 Action Movies"
In response to Reply # 5
Fri 23-Dec-11 10:12 PM by KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA

Not bad at all Roger and you are getting super sound with your unit! Thanks for sharing.

And thanks Rick for those other samples, the high speed video was especially informative.

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #142 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.