Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

99 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pwjones99 Registered since 20th Oct 2007
Thu 03-May-12 09:46 PM

After looking at the V1 for a little while almost every day while browsing around, I decided to pull the trigger and purchase one. I figured if I was going to get one, I might as well get the 3 lens kit, flash, and FT1. I was overly excited about what I had read about the V1 and the FT1 allowing me to connect my current Nikon lenses. So when it showed up, the first thing I did was charge the battery (duh) and then attach the FT1 and the 70-200mm VR2 f/2.8 lens and ran outside to grab a shot of the moon. Below is that shot.

Click on image to view larger version

So far, I am impressed with this little camera (little opposed to the D300). I really purchased this to take to the beach and on a Disney cruise to keep things light and not have to carry my D300 all day. Right now, I have tested it with the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR2 lens and my 105mm f/2.8 VR lens and both have full functionality. Hopefully this Sunday with the super moon, it will be clear enough I may try using the 70-200 with a 2.0 teleconverter and shoot for the moon. If that turns out well, I'll post a picture back on here.
Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Reply message RE: Just got my V1