Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1244
View in linear mode

Subject: "More on V1 Bags" Previous topic | Next topic
slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Mon 23-Apr-12 12:30 AM
1544 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"More on V1 Bags"

Frederick, US

I'm still debating what to use to carry the V1 with 10-30 mounted, and the 30-110 along side, in a small waist/belt pack. I'm thinking strongly about considering the Black Widow carrier and then an even smaller belt pack for the other lens(es). My only concern is how far the 10-30 sticks out and collisions with such on surrounding obstacles. In some cases I could envision taking both the camera and extra lens in opposing pockets of my photo vest.

I've seen a lot of options regarding the possible pouches, but none that I consider perfect. The size of the 10-30 really disqualifies many of what the websites call "point and shoot cases" and even many of the smaller mirrorless camera cases.

So if anyone has further ideas or recommendations, I'm interested.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: More on V1 Bags
JonK Moderator
23rd Apr 2012
slothead Gold Member
23rd Apr 2012
JonK Moderator
23rd Apr 2012
macfish
23rd Apr 2012
JonK Moderator
24th Apr 2012
slothead Gold Member
26th Apr 2012
JonK Moderator
28th Apr 2012
rickpaul
29th Apr 2012
gbheron Silver Member
30th Apr 2012

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Mon 23-Apr-12 01:06 AM
4466 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: More on V1 Bags"
In response to Reply # 0

New York, US

I bought and am just about to begin experimenting with the ThinkTank Slim Changer. It's a belt pouch, part of their modular system, and comes with three velcro dividers. I've taken one out, and the camera and second lens fit. But that would probably be the limit.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Mon 23-Apr-12 02:40 AM
1544 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: More on V1 Bags"
In response to Reply # 1

Frederick, US

Jon,
What lens do you have mounted on the V1 with it fitting in the slim changer?

Tom
D800, et al.

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Mon 23-Apr-12 05:00 PM
4466 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: More on V1 Bags"
In response to Reply # 2

New York, US

I'll have to check tonite, but I'm pretty sure it is the 30-110 (that's my normal lens) with the 10-30 in the compartment next door.

Jon Kandel

macfish Registered since 05th Nov 2004Mon 23-Apr-12 08:29 PM
140 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: More on V1 Bags"
In response to Reply # 0

Columbus, US

Might also look at the TT Speed Changer. They've changed the design a couple of times, the original did not have the zippered front compartment like it does now. The original version is what I use for the V1 kit, holds V1 w/10-30 attached hood reversed, 30-110, SB-N5, extra battery, remote, card holder, etc.
My other Speed Changer, very similar to the current design I use for my M4/3 kit.
The zippered front compartment takes away a bit of interior room, so does not work quite as well for the V1 kit.
However, looks like the interior dimensions for the Slim and Speed are very close, the depth of 3" being the same for both.
Just depends on whether you want the extra room in the zippered compartment for misc items?
I've also been happy with Kinesis pouches.
HTH

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Tue 24-Apr-12 12:48 AM
#5. "RE: More on V1 Bags"
In response to Reply # 4

New York, US

The V1 has the 30-110 mounted in the Slim Changer.

Jon Kandel

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Thu 26-Apr-12 10:56 PM
#6. "RE: More on V1 Bags"
In response to Reply # 5

Frederick, US

My Slim Changer arrived today. Excellent size! I was really skeptical about getting the V1+30-110 in the bag, but it sure does fit (thanks Jon). Now let me get back to my Glenlivet.

Tom
D800, et al.

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004Sat 28-Apr-12 01:29 AM
#7. "RE: More on V1 Bags"
In response to Reply # 6

New York, US

My FT-1 arrived yesterday. Can't wait til tomorrow…

Jon Kandel

rickpaul Basic MemberSun 29-Apr-12 03:18 PM
1806 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: More on V1 Bags"
In response to Reply # 0

Tucson, US

I use the ThinkTank Hubba Hubba Hiney. Works great for the V1!

I posted a review on YouTube where you can see everything I can cram in it for the V1:

http://youtu.be/OUYICye8llc

--------------------------
Rick Paul
The Photo Professors

Saguaro Shadows Photography
Tucson, Arizona

My Nikonians Gallery

My Nikonians Blog

gbheron Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2007Mon 30-Apr-12 12:08 AM
166 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: More on V1 Bags"
In response to Reply # 0

Cedar Falls, US

Good evening, Tom,
I have tried several carry options, the three lightest being the Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney, the TT Bum Bag, and the TT Skin 50. These have all been tested on the TT Thin Skin Belt V2.0. The Skin 50 is the lightest; the TT Hubba Hubba Hiney is the heaviest, but has the most carry options and capacity. The TT Skin 50 will hold the V1 with the 10-30mm zoom in addition to a 30-110mm on the other side of a movable divider. The TT HH Hiney has space for more accessories than the other two options. For most of my bicycle outings, I take the Bum Bag with the V1 and the two zooms.
--- Randy ---

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1244 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.