Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1008
View in linear mode

Subject: "V1 camera bag" Previous topic | Next topic
FFN Platinum Member Charter MemberSun 26-Feb-12 10:49 PM
972 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"V1 camera bag"

Hudson, US

While looking for a bag to hold my water bottle while jogging, I discovered a V1 bag. The Sport Sac is $7 on Amazon and holds the V1, both lenses and the flash along with a three pack of filters and wipes with room to spare.

http://www.amazon.com/Bluewave-Insulated-Sport-Bottle-Holder/dp/B000Q694G4

Visit MudbrookPhoto.Com.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: V1 camera bag
TomCurious
27th Feb 2012
FFN Platinum Member
27th Feb 2012
TomCurious
28th Feb 2012
wblink
27th Feb 2012
FFN Platinum Member
27th Feb 2012
rickpaul
03rd Mar 2012
racefan
04th Mar 2012
macfish
04th Mar 2012
KnightPhoto Gold Member
26th Mar 2012
Bob Simrak
18th Mar 2012
slothead Gold Member
20th Apr 2012
KnightPhoto Gold Member
06th May 2012
RRRoger Silver Member
06th May 2012
slothead Gold Member
22nd May 2012
Bob Simrak
23rd May 2012
Bob Simrak
23rd May 2012
VR8 Silver Member
19th Mar 2012
RRRoger Silver Member
26th Mar 2012
Ginsbury Gold Member
27th Mar 2012
RRRoger Silver Member
27th Mar 2012
cmolieri
09th May 2012
Neuritis Silver Member
20th Apr 2012
wblink
06th May 2012
sabbey51 Silver Member
06th May 2012
FredB D3 Silver Member
24th May 2012

TomCurious Registered since 03rd Jan 2007Mon 27-Feb-12 03:46 AM
2318 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 0

Bay Area, US

Looks like a good idea! Which size did you get?

Tom
Bay Area Nikonian

http://www.tkphoto.me/

FFN Platinum Member Charter MemberMon 27-Feb-12 11:34 AM
972 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 1

Hudson, US

Hi Tom,

For carrying our water bottles, the 1.5 liter and for the camera, the 2 liter.

Visit MudbrookPhoto.Com.

TomCurious Registered since 03rd Jan 2007Tue 28-Feb-12 01:40 AM
2318 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 2

Bay Area, US

>Hi Tom,
>
>For carrying our water bottles, the 1.5 liter and for the
>camera, the 2 liter.

Thanks! I currently use this, but it does not fit the lenses:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032FPVKE/ref=oh_o00_s01_i00_details

So I might give that bottle bag a try. I don't like to use real camera bags for the V1, I need something light that goes into the backpack.

Tom
Bay Area Nikonian

http://www.tkphoto.me/

wblink Registered since 09th Feb 2009Mon 27-Feb-12 02:34 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 0

Gendt, NL

After a long search I bought the Lowepro 302AW Slingshot.

Willem

Sony Nex-7

FFN Platinum Member Charter MemberMon 27-Feb-12 05:06 PM
#4. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 3

Hudson, US

The slingshot is both big and expensive. There is a lot of room however.

Visit MudbrookPhoto.Com.

rickpaul Basic MemberSat 03-Mar-12 03:29 PM
1806 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 4

Tucson, US

I added to my vast ThinkTank collection and got the "Hubba Hubba Hiney" bag. Perfect for the V1. Hold the camera, two lenses and the flash. Works as belt pack and comes with a strap for over the shoulder.

It's just the right size.

--------------------------
Rick Paul
The Photo Professors

Saguaro Shadows Photography
Tucson, Arizona

My Nikonians Gallery

My Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

racefan Registered since 16th Jun 2006Sun 04-Mar-12 07:13 PM
23 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 6

Cincinnati, US

Just got the V1 this last week and one of the first bags I pulled out of the bottom of the closet was a ThinkTank SpeedChanger (original version). V1, 10-30, 30-110, flash, gps, and spare battery all fit fine (not a tight squeeze at all) in this bag which is even smaller than the HH Hiney that Rick mentioned. This bag is belt only with no strap attachments however. The Hubba Hubba Hiney may be a better choice if you want to be able to throw a few other items in the bag or want the option of carrying by strap.

macfish Registered since 05th Nov 2004Sun 04-Mar-12 08:12 PM
140 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 7

Columbus, US

Agreed, I had an old one lying around, in fact it's labelled Test Drive Bag. Easily holds V1 with 10-30 attached, 30-110, flash, 2 extra batts, card holder, etc.
Added a snap ring to each of the little "ears" and clipped on an Upstrap for shoulder carry.

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Mon 26-Mar-12 06:34 AM
4184 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 8

Alberta, CA

Thanks Ron and Kirk, the speed changer sounds like my preference for as small a bag as possible. Would it also fit the FT-1? (I don't have a GPS so don't need room for that)

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Bob Simrak Registered since 26th Aug 2002Sun 18-Mar-12 12:43 AM
297 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 0

Kansas City, US

If you want to carry a little more stuff conveniently, the Domke F-5XB Shoulder/Belt Bag (Black is cheaper) provides a fair amount of space and is not a burden.

The kit includes a V1, 10-30mm, 30-110mm, 35mm f/1.8g, FT1, flash, 55-200mm f/3.5-5.6, tabletop tripod, IR trigger, polarizing filter... you get the idea.

The package provides a lot of flexibility.

Bob
Nikonian in Southeast PA
Currently in Kansas City, MO
http://bobsimrak.blogspot.com
http://bobsimrak.zenfolio.com/

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Fri 20-Apr-12 10:12 AM
1544 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 9
Fri 20-Apr-12 03:50 PM by slothead

Frederick, US

Hey Bob,
(1) what are the other little bags on your belt in the photo, and
(2) I didn't get a hood with my 10-30! Where did you get that hood on your camera lens? (I just saw the hood in the Reference Manual p/n HB-N101. Do you know if it fits both the 10-30 and the 30-110 (seems like they would be different depths)? OK I'm answering all my own questions. I see there are different hoods for all three Nikkor 1 zooms and B&H sells them all. Curious that they wouldn't put these with the lenses...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
>If you want to carry a little more stuff conveniently, the
>Domke F-5XB Shoulder/Belt Bag (Black is cheaper) provides a
>fair amount of space and is not a burden.
>
>The kit includes a V1, 10-30mm, 30-110mm, 35mm f/1.8g, FT1,
>flash, 55-200mm f/3.5-5.6, tabletop tripod, IR trigger,
>polarizing filter... you get the idea.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Sun 06-May-12 01:07 PM
4184 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#17. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 15

Alberta, CA

Hi Tom,

The 30-110 comes with the hood, at least when you buy it as a separate item not with the camera.

The 10-30 doesn't come with the camera kit. I wonder if you bought a 10-30 separately whether the hood would then be supplied?

Most people at work that shoot DSLRs don't use their supplied hoods, so in the case of the 10-30 I wonder if Nikon is just responding to "most customers practice".

Actually I had an unpleasant surprise shooting my 10-30 against the light (I might not have had the hood not on yet since they were quick grab shots while a birding group set off on a trip). Anyhow I got a ton of unpleasant flare in waves across the image. The birding group was standing in a loose circle and I moved within the circle shooting in all four directions, two of which were strongly back-lit. Anyhow, the photos were so bad that I don't think I can use them. The interesting thing is it shows up on people with dark clothing, otherwise it just looks like an overall low contrast photo. Anyhow I think the hood (and more careful shooting than I did here) is very important on the 10-30:

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

Attachment #2, (jpg file)

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberSun 06-May-12 02:15 PM
3136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 17
Sun 06-May-12 03:21 PM by RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US

Steve,
Did you happen to notice how big that Alien craft was hovering above?

I always use the hoods, I think they were supplied for a purpose and they are good lens protection too.

Looks like everyone's camera bag got snatched.

slothead Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009Tue 22-May-12 11:38 PM
1544 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: V1 camera bag"
Tue 22-May-12 11:38 PM by slothead

Frederick, US

Yeah Steve,
I guess I learned that the hard way and had to send the hood back to B&H after I received the 30-100 lens. Oh well, I have had to learn harder lessons. It's very possible that I won't use these hoods at all unless I decide to shoot into the sun (I try not to do that).

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D800, et al.

Bob Simrak Registered since 26th Aug 2002Wed 23-May-12 12:42 PM
297 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#24. "RE: V1 camera bag"

Kansas City, US

Occasionally, an even better lens shade is found in the judicious use of a "wide-brimmed" hat.

Bob
Nikonian in Southeast PA

Bob Simrak Registered since 26th Aug 2002Wed 23-May-12 12:37 PM
#23. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 15

Kansas City, US

The small Tamrac on the right holds my table top tripod. On the left is a small bag that I use for my flashlight - a fairly bright Energizer (Night Strike Swivel Head).

Bob
Nikonian in Southeast PA

VR8 Silver Member Nikonian since 04th May 2008Mon 19-Mar-12 10:23 PM
774 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 0

Ottawa, CA

I am using an old Lowepro Street and Field Film Organizer Which all weather with a hood, and if I need more room the S&F Utility Case (wider with an extra pocket). Both hold the V1, 10mm and 30-110, with lots of room to spare. Very convenient but no bottle holder. I can carry them with straps or on my belt.

See my website

www.rakmilphotography.com

Last two posts are all V1 shots with the 10mm.

Victor

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberMon 26-Mar-12 01:57 PM
3136 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 10
Mon 26-Mar-12 02:11 PM by RRRoger

Monterey Bay, US

I am looking at the Tamrac 3535 Express 5 Camera bag,
and Zoom Traveler 603 & 604
They looks great online and I have 3 pro bags that I love.

Has anyone used them?
Will they hold the V1 + 10mm, 10-30, & 30-110 lens?

Ginsbury Gold Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2008Tue 27-Mar-12 01:13 PM
332 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 12

Netanya, IL

The ThinkTank Slim Changer will take a V1 plus the three lenses you mention. It fits on a belt to which one can add other pouches, e.g., for a water bottle, cell phone, general bits and pieces, etc.
I recently travelled to Africa with this setup for 10 days and have taken a three-day trip locally.
Just loved it!
Hands are free, camera's at the ready almost immediately. It could have been tailor made for a V1 and accessories.
Nathan

RRRoger Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his long history of demonstrated excellence and helping other members with equipment, technique and DSLR video in the true Nikonians spirit. Charter MemberTue 27-Mar-12 01:34 PM
#14. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 13

Monterey Bay, US

Quote>The ThinkTank Slim Changer will take a V1 plus the three
>lenses you mention.
>Nathan<Quote<<<

Priced right!
Looks to small for all my stuff.
I am looking at something 10x5x6 inside and an external pocket
that can also be used for a FullSize DSLR with MidSize zoom.
No shoulder strap?
Not a fan of fanny packs, but do see the utility.

cmolieri Basic MemberWed 09-May-12 05:22 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 14

Sun Lakes, AZ, US

I have the Hubba Hubba Hiney that RickPaul mentioned. I am able to carry my D90, 18-200, 50 1.8, a circular polarizer and my Hoodman loupe in the main compartment. In the outside pocket I have my lenspen, cable release, and Pee Wee Pixel Pocket. It comes with a shoulder strap or can be used on a belt. I find it a nice compact package when I want a smaller kit for traveling.

cmolieri

Neuritis Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Apr 2007Fri 20-Apr-12 05:38 PM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 0

Canton, US

I'm currently using a Lowepro adventura 140 which holds the V1, 10-30mm, 10mm, 30-110mm, Three B&W 40.5mm filters, the GPS unit, the flash, spare battery and memory card, ME-1 mic, and ML-L3 remote. For when I put this bag inside my Aquapac backpack (25L) the FT-1 fits in it too. I put the 35mm f/1.8 in its pouch and 50-150mm f/2.8 in an op-tech pouch in the the back pack. The Sirui T-025 tripod and head fit in the side pouch perfectly.

wblink Registered since 09th Feb 2009Sun 06-May-12 03:15 PM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 16

Gendt, NL

Lowepro slingshot 30

Willem

Sony Nex-7

sabbey51 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010Sun 06-May-12 07:34 PM
534 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 19

Saddle river, US

TT Skin 50. Holds the V1 and all three lenses, CP, extra battery, extra SD. Either on your belt or with a shoulder strap. Take the V1 out and keep it on a strap around your neck or something like a Capture Clip or Spider, and you have even more room in the Skin for junk.

FredB D3 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jun 2008Thu 24-May-12 07:26 PM
845 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#25. "RE: V1 camera bag"
In response to Reply # 20

Potomac, US

The Tamrac 3444 does a nice job with the V1, 10-30, 30-110, FT1, SB-N5, & GP-N100 (attached). I don’t have the RRS L-brackets yet. I don’t foresee a problem with the one for the camera, but the one for the adapter might make things a little tight because the side piece sticks out so far.

Fred
Maryland, USA

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #1008 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.