Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What settings do YOU make sure of when shooting video?

imagexcel

US
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
imagexcel Registered since 11th Oct 2011
Tue 15-Nov-11 12:35 AM

After getting a few videos where the exposure kept jumping up and down, even when the camera was on a tripod and the subject was lit with studio lights, I studied the manual and figured out the fix, which was to set the exposure lock to "latch." (Yes, I know that manual exposure will do it too).

Another thing I found was that the audio input was set on "high," and it probably came that way from the factory. I sure didn't put it there. It took some experimentation to get the D7000 to work with external microphones without blowing out to the point of distortion. I recommend that anyone using an external mic go into the audio input setting and make sure it is set to an appropriate level. Depending on which set-up I am using, either low or medium work best for me.

What are some of the things that other shooters on this forum have discovered when using the D7000 to shoot video? What settings do you like to use and what problems do they solve?

Many thanks for all info. -Bill

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What settings do YOU make sure of when shooting vid...

G