Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9399
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hot pixel of D7000 starting from ISO800 and stuck in th..." Previous topic | Next topic
zybernatic Registered since 21st May 2011Sat 21-May-11 04:11 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Hot pixel of D7000 starting from ISO800 and stuck in the same position, is it normal?"

TH

I just bought Nikon D7000 on last 2 days and found that every photo that uses ISO from 1600 will have 3 hot pixels at the same position.
Then I took the photo with lens cap and test with dead/hot pixel tester, here is the result.

On ISO 100-400 not found any dead/hot pixel on every shutter speed (tested from 1/125 – 2”)
ISO 800 s1/8 3 hot pixels
ISO 1600 s1/125 found 1 hot pixel
ISO 1600 s1/60 found 1 hot pixel
ISO 1600 s1/8 found 3 hot pixels
ISO 3200 s1/125 found 3 hot pixels

Firmware A 1.02 /B 1.02 /L1.002 and not have the problem of hotpixel on video mode.

The question is my camera is acceptable or should I return to the Nikon Shop?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Sat 21-May-11 05:50 PM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Hot pixel of D7000 starting from ISO800 and stuck in the same position, is it normal?"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

Are they visible in a normal (non-lens cap) photo?

If you don't have them now, you will get them in the future. It's like going gray or bald.

Some raw converters will automatically remove them for you.

I have not tested my D7000 but I can find no evidence of any when examining my photos.

On my D40 I developed several bad ones but I managed to use some software to remove them when shooting above ISO 800. (pixelfixer)

If you are not happy, take it back but with 16 million pixels I wouldn't expect absolute perfection.

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Recent Trips: Grand Canyon 2012 Glen Canyon 2012 West Clear Creek

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

zybernatic Registered since 21st May 2011Sat 21-May-11 06:32 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Hot pixel of D7000 starting from ISO800 and stuck in the same position, is it normal?"
In response to Reply # 1

TH

many thanks Dean for your reply.

For normal photo, it also happen as well and same position on other photo.

here is the link of my normal photo with 3 hot pixels at same position on ISO3200.

http://www.meetjoeblog.net/d7000/d7000_cat_hotpixel.rar

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9399 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.