Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9393
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 rubberize flap next to battery compartment...." Previous topic | Next topic
mark95841 Registered since 02nd Sep 2010Sat 21-May-11 08:26 AM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 rubberize flap next to battery compartment...."
Sat 21-May-11 08:38 AM by mark95841

US

My D7000 'body only' arrived today from Amazon. I just noticed after taking a few pictures that there is a flap next to the battery compartment, very small, 1/8" x 1/2" long. It is on the side of the battery compartment. It pulls away from the side revealing inside the battery compartment. I can easily place it back and it is connected to the rest of the rubberized side. Looks like it was made that way although I am not comfortable with this flap coming up at all. Anyone notice that yet on their D700. It is on the side of the battery compartment nearest the lens mount. Thanks for any information.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Sat 21-May-11 09:11 AM
1988 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 rubberize flap next to battery compartment...."
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 21-May-11 09:14 AM by elec164

US

That opening is for the EP-5B Power Supply Connector for the D7000.

Just push it back into place, its built that way for the cord from the adapter to pass through (page 282 in the manual).

Pete

P.S.

Oh yeah, I just noticed its your first post, Welcome to Nikonians.

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Hugh B Registered since 18th May 2011Sat 21-May-11 02:01 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: D7000 rubberize flap next to battery compartment...."
In response to Reply # 1

Canmore, CA

I've noticed this as well.
The flap was loose and I found my baby finger seemed to rub on it as it was open.
I've pushed it back into place a couple of times and hope it stays there.

Hugh

D7000, Sigma 18-200DC, Sigma 10-20DC HSM

mark95841 Registered since 02nd Sep 2010Sat 21-May-11 04:45 PM
11 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7000 rubberize flap next to battery compartment...."
In response to Reply # 1

US

Thanks Pete, yes it was a surprise to see that but did look like it was suppose to be there. Haven't taken the time to read the huge user manual yet.

jvette Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2009Sun 22-May-11 02:15 AM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7000 rubberize flap next to battery compartment...."
In response to Reply # 3

Louisville, US

I have had the same problem and I seem to keep knocking it out of place and have to push it back in. I find my little finger knocking it loose. I have ordered the Battery Grip so that should take care of that.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9393 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.