Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9290
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help. PC won't recognise my D7000 via USB." Previous topic | Next topic
Tedster Registered since 17th May 2011Tue 17-May-11 06:35 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Help. PC won't recognise my D7000 via USB."

MY

My PC doesn't recognise my new D7000 when connected via USB. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Don't know what's wrong. Please help.... Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mdallie Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2011Tue 17-May-11 10:46 AM
222 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Help. PC won't recognise my D7000 via USB."
In response to Reply # 0

Novi, US

Isn't that just great....you've discovered a new feature of your D7000. It doesn't look like a USB drive to your computer. You either need to use a card reader or the Nikon transfer software that came with the camera (I think called TransferNX).

I don't know why they did that, but that is the real story.

Mike

Tedster Registered since 17th May 2011Tue 17-May-11 11:55 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Help. PC won't recognise my D7000 via USB."
In response to Reply # 1

MY

You gotta be kidding me!

Will TransferNX help because only ViewNX2 came with the camera and i installed it and it still didnt detect my D7000!

Pocobear Registered since 09th Apr 2011Tue 17-May-11 12:05 PM
86 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Help. PC won't recognise my D7000 via USB."
In response to Reply # 2

Mechanicsville, US

Sounds like your PC driver didn't install properly. First, try to reboot the PC, second try uninstalling and re-installing ViewNX2. Then let us know what happened.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

You don't take a photograph, you make it. -
Ansel Adams

The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance. -
Ansel Adams

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Tue 17-May-11 02:01 PM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: A bit more detail on ViewNX2."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 17-May-11 02:02 PM by Len Shepherd

Yorkshire, GB

In ViewNX2 you open "Launch Transfer" in the menu, wait for the computer to read all the images - pending this the software indicates no images in the queue.
When the software image indicates the number of images on the card (it reads them all, not just recent shots) start transfer and the computer downloads either just new files or download all images depending on the menu settings.
ViewNX2 can do a lot of what the original Capture NX1 did, such as using D lighting etc. As free free software goes it is capable of a lot.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9290 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.