Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9215
View in linear mode

Subject: "U1 and U2" Previous topic | Next topic
jmascharka Silver Member Charter MemberFri 13-May-11 01:09 AM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"U1 and U2"

livonia, US

What settings are people using for these two save locations? I'm fine tuning mine, trying to get things set for quick changes of settings. Just curious since these are new for Nikon.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Fri 13-May-11 01:50 AM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: U1 and U2"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Hello Jeffrey,

Seems like people set them for a particular need such as BIF, portrait, etc. I have one set with settings based on shutter speed for BIF and the other for the aperture I use most. Real easy to change and as you said it does provide for a quick change.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

jmiguez Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2010Sun 15-May-11 01:40 AM
472 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: U1 and U2"
In response to Reply # 0

Lafayette, US

I use them for birds and wildlife. U1 is set to BIF. It has matrix and the full 39 points for focusing. It is also set at 1200nd of a sec and F/11.

U2 is set for wildlife and birds in the forest. Here I use 1000nd of a sec and a single point spot focus. Because the light is often poorer, I use F/8.

For everything else, I just set the camera where I want it to be.

John

My Pictures may be seen here: http://jmiguez.smugmug.com/

ReadnFool Registered since 16th Jan 2011Sun 15-May-11 02:09 AM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: U1 and U2"
In response to Reply # 0

US

There is a whole thread about camera settings here

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=329&topic_id=4398&mode=full

Steve
ReadnFool

JohnE Nikon Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jun 2010Sun 15-May-11 06:19 PM
916 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: U1 and U2"
In response to Reply # 0

New HArtford, US

I use U1 for birds in flight. I use U2 for indoors w no flash. It is set up w auto iso. I mostly just shoot Aperture priority and am not in U modes, but it's nice to quickly turn dial and be set up for something specific.

JohnE Nikon
https://plus.google.com/photos/104310967428146619677/albums?hl=en

https://picasaweb.google.com/104310967428146619677

"Cameras and lenses are simply tools to place our unique vision on film. Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colors and your images will stir the soul." Jack Dykinga

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9215 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.