Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9192
View in linear mode

Subject: "Exciting times with the D7000" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
ronaldbegg Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2010Wed 11-May-11 08:14 PM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Exciting times with the D7000"

Ocean Grove, AU

Hullo all, been hibernating for a while. Back on deck now..been very busy with no Nikon things.....or at least using the many forums (fora?) I am a member of.

Any way, some news and questions.

The news is that I have ben using my Sigma 150-500 OS to shoot the surfers at the nearby Bells Beach Pro..........20 minutes away in a normal car...15 in my MG!!

It was my first shoot of a surfing event. I had some remarkable success, hand held...yes, hand held. The Pro shooters had their enormous Canon's.......did not see one Nikon.....and the average reach was 500mm!! But, I do acknowledge the lens were much 'faster' than mine.

It did not prove to be an issue, as I arrived at 7.15 am, to be greeted by an awesome early 'orange' sunrise which simply lit up Bells. It was the 50th Anniversary of the event. The best swell for years...oh that I could surf!!

Now to my question. I was using the camera to shoot some video of a local folk 'love in' at one our our many seaside cafes. The footage was very good, dare I say excellent, but the sound was mono of course.

I have been looking at a Stereo mike to fit on the hot shoe, and wondered what you all amy use.

My home work suggests on of three, see

http://d7000-microphones.com/2010/11/the-top-3-external-microphone-for-the-nikon-d7000

They all seem to be well reviewed. However, I did come across this.........http://www.azdencorp.com/new/product.php?productid=93733&cat=0&page=

Appreciate your views.

Thanks

Ron

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

GCDawn Registered since 18th Dec 2010Wed 11-May-11 08:27 PM
64 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Exciting times with the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 11-May-11 08:30 PM by GCDawn

Gold Coast, AU

Any images to share from Bell's??
Dawn.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 11-May-11 09:07 PM
28674 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Exciting times with the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

Rather than duplicate things, I suggest you "piggyback" on this thread from a couple of days ago.

Since the quest for a good stereo mic isn't D7000-specific, it would also be worth checking out our dedicated DSLR Video Forum.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9192 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.