Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9077
View in linear mode

Subject: "My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!" Previous topic | Next topic
AgapeLight Silver Member Charter MemberSat 07-May-11 01:29 AM
340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!"

Auburn, US

I finally decided on a replacement for my D90 (which will now become my backup/secondary body) and I ended up getting my backordered 35mm f/1.8 DX lens on the same day. Good thing, now at least I have a lens to put on the D7000! Can't wait to get out and shoot.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions in an earlier thread on going with the D7000. I've only clicked off about 100 frames but it looks like it will be a great choice. The glass I ended up with is the 35mm f/1.8 DX, 50mm f/1.8 (on order), 70-300mm VR, and a last minute decision to pick up the Pro-Optic 8mm fisheye, can't wait to shoot with that thing. Only area I'm still missing is the wide angle, can't really decide whether to go with the 10-24mm or just go with another prime like the 20mm f/2.8. I was leaning 10-24mm but it's got a high price tag and I haven't ever shot with it before?

The only thing that the D7000 has me hung up on right now is I'm using CS4 with Bridge and it won't read my NEF files. I guess I have the latest ACR version but I can't find an update that includes the D7000. The CS5 version does, but it isn't usable on CS4.

Guess I'm going to have to look at going to Lightroom 3. Haven't used LR since version 1, guessing it has improved since then. Thanks again for everyone's help in choose a body. Scott

----
Scott Fillmer <scott.fillmer@gmail.com>
Blog - http://www.scottfillmer.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!
mudman2 Silver Member
07th May 2011
AgapeLight Silver Member
07th May 2011
jgreg Silver Member
07th May 2011
AgapeLight Silver Member
07th May 2011
billD80 Silver Member
07th May 2011
pdekman Gold Member
07th May 2011

mudman2 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th May 2009Sat 07-May-11 01:33 AM
167 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!"
In response to Reply # 0

Jamison, US

Nikon NX2 is also a great tool

AgapeLight Silver Member Charter MemberSat 07-May-11 01:37 AM
340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#2. "RE: My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!"
In response to Reply # 1

Auburn, US

yeah, I used NX2 a few years ago and got frustrated with it just because I have used Adobe PS for almost 10 years now. I could go in and post-process an image in a matter a seconds and I know I could do the same with NX2 I just hadn't put the time into messing with it.

----

jgreg Silver Member Charter MemberSat 07-May-11 05:06 AM
365 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!"
In response to Reply # 2

Sheboygan Falls, US

Go take a look at the Tokina lenses. I own the 12-24mm and like it. Great solid glass at a good price. I want the Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 myself.

AgapeLight Silver Member Charter MemberSat 07-May-11 12:46 PM
#4. "RE: My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!"
In response to Reply # 3

Auburn, US

yeah that's a good idea, i have just never really bought any lenses in 20 years that weren't nikkors, I bought one Tamron lens about 18 years ago and hated and from that point on never looked at any other lens manf. I know they have improved tremendously over a few decades lol

----

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Sat 07-May-11 01:27 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!"
In response to Reply # 2

US

>yeah, I used NX2 a few years ago and got frustrated with it
>just because I have used Adobe PS for almost 10 years now. I
>could go in and post-process an image in a matter a seconds
>and I know I could do the same with NX2 I just hadn't put the
>time into messing with it.

FYI: ONLY View NX2 and Capture NX2 can really open NEFs properly... You may wish to use the free View NX2 to at least open and save your NEFs to TIFFs before using LR or PS.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. Nikonian since 17th Nov 2005Sat 07-May-11 02:06 PM
1032 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: My D7000 Arrived Today with a 35mm f/1.8 DX!"
In response to Reply # 5

Swisher, US

I think it's more accurate to say only View NX2 and Capture NX2 will honor all in-camera picture controls and quickly replicate the in-camera processing.

For those who wish to capture raw images - and care little about the limited in-camera jpg settings - the 3rd party toolsets offer great variety and feature choices beyond the Nikon toolset.

Paul
My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #9077 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.