Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8655
View in linear mode

Subject: "Error memory card" Previous topic | Next topic
hohlaubgrat Registered since 23rd Apr 2011Sat 23-Apr-11 03:06 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Error memory card"

NL

The reseller advised me to use a 8GB Integral Ultima Pro memory card, but this card is causing errors all the time. Another simple 256mb card gives no problems, so it's not the camera? I'd tried formatting, other settings etc. But the Integral card stays very unreliable. Any tips? What is the best memory card for the D7000? Thanks for your advice and tips!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Sat 23-Apr-11 03:28 PM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Error memory card"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

Welcome to the community! Page 319 of your manual gives a list of approved memory cards. That doesn't mean other cards will not work but these have been reliable. I use a Fugi-film card and have not had any problems. Although rare, some cards may be defective from the beginning and may have areas that are bad. Supposedly, you may be able to correct that by doing a full format on your pc. If that doesn't work I'd check back with the retailer. Good luck.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Sat 23-Apr-11 06:47 PM
739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Error memory card"
In response to Reply # 1

Port Charlotte, US

A couple of safe bets are Sandisk and Transcend. Make sure you get at least a class 6 card if you're going to do any video.

Good luck

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

wwt67 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2010Sun 24-Apr-11 03:53 AM
329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Error memory card"
In response to Reply # 2

Warsaw, US

I use Sandisk Extreme 4GB and PNY Optima. No problems.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8655 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.