Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8616
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is there something wrong with my battery?" Previous topic | Next topic
rfc143 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Mar 2011Fri 22-Apr-11 01:20 AM
71 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Is there something wrong with my battery?"

US

86 photos; 17% remaining. My other (identical) battery seems to do much better: half as many photos (43); 88% Both are brand new.

Ideas for further testing?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Fri 22-Apr-11 01:32 AM
1452 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Is there something wrong with my battery?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Sometimes, batteries take 2-3 charge/discharge cycles to reach full capacity.

Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Fri 22-Apr-11 01:57 AM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Is there something wrong with my battery?"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

48 sparky is correct as my battery did the same. Once it was fully charged a second time it has lasted for many shots.

John

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Fri 22-Apr-11 02:04 PM
188 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Is there something wrong with my battery?"
In response to Reply # 2

US

My batteries seem to last for more shots when they are used a lot in a short period of time. Just taking a couple of pictures a day drains them faster than taking a couple hundred. Go figure.

Hillbilly Harry - in the Missouri Ozarks.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400
Nikon closeup attachments 0, 1, 3T, 4T

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Fri 22-Apr-11 05:52 PM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Is there something wrong with my battery?"
In response to Reply # 3

US

I seem to recall theadvisory to FULLY charge the battery before first use...

If you're not getting AT LEAST 1000 shots per charge, unless you've got some extremely long settings for LCD power-on, or some other unusual setting to explain the drain, then something is wrong.

The D7000 batteries last a very long time between charges, with some people reporting 2000 shots per charge...

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8616 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.