Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8612
View in linear mode

Subject: "Video out options on the D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
baines11 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2011Fri 22-Apr-11 12:55 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Video out options on the D7000"

US

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the hdmi output to display the live image on a tv or computer to help with focusing macro or very small distant objects (i.e the moon)?

Thanks!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

LuisGonzalezLT Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Nov 2005Fri 22-Apr-11 01:30 AM
868 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Video out options on the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Macedonia, US

I usually just use the + key magnifier on the back of the camera during live view to zoom in as much as possible. That gets you pretty critical focus. I'm not sure tacking on an external monitor would help much but I would be interested to hear what others have tried.

Luis Gonzalez
Everlasting Photography, Inc.

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010Fri 22-Apr-11 06:31 AM
1756 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Video out options on the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

West of Santa Monica, US

Ric who contributes a lot on the DSLR Video threads, uses a stand alone HDMI monitor, rather than rely on the LED screen.

There are several types out there, which provide off camera viewing, true color rendering etc and I saw a new Sony yesterday, with a collapsible shade, and audio feed.

Since the '011 NAB show just ended, I believe that Ric might have a new batch of gear to test, his comments are on the DSLR Video thread listed on the Forum Lobby's menu.

Rob

baines11 Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Feb 2011Fri 22-Apr-11 09:15 PM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Video out options on the D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Thanks!!!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8612 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.