Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8542
View in linear mode

Subject: "I picked it up today 4-18" Previous topic | Next topic
jgreg Silver Member Charter MemberTue 19-Apr-11 08:18 AM
365 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I picked it up today 4-18"

Sheboygan Falls, US

My Nikon D7000 came in today and WOW what a camera I have now. I was able to open jpeg's in photoshop CS4 too. I shot some pictures at ISO 6400 with SB-900 flash on auto. I also used bounce with the card out. Not to bad for such high ISO. This camera ROCKS man. I'm editing pictures now an d charging the battery. I asked the dealer how much for a battery and the price is $70.00. I said I didn't want to buy the store I just wanted a battery. I get one from B&H then. I want the grip and remote. Will the remote work the video like turn it on or off?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I picked it up today 4-18
billD80 Silver Member
19th Apr 2011
chris_platt Silver Member
19th Apr 2011
jgreg Silver Member
19th Apr 2011
HayMower Silver Member
19th Apr 2011
kuzzy Silver Member
20th Apr 2011
egmonster Gold Member
20th Apr 2011

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Tue 19-Apr-11 11:54 AM
2141 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I picked it up today 4-18"
In response to Reply # 0

US

congratulations on the new D7000. It's a classic.

I think having an extra battery is always a good thing, but you will also find that the D7000 battery holds a charge for a long time, perhaps giving you up to a few thousand shots per charge, depending on how you shoot and use your LCS screen.

Come back to this forum if you have questions...

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

chris_platt Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Apr 2009Tue 19-Apr-11 12:42 PM
751 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: I picked it up today 4-18"
In response to Reply # 0

Newburg, US

"Will the remote work the video like turn it on or off?"

The remote works just like pressing the shutter. You can't turn video on with it. As far as I know, the only way to start recording is by pressing the red button in the center of the live view switch. However, you can use the remote to stop recording once it has started. By pressing the remote during live recording, you'll stop the recording and take a photograph - just like pressing the shutter release.

Visit my gallery.

jgreg Silver Member Charter MemberTue 19-Apr-11 06:59 PM
365 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: I picked it up today 4-18"
In response to Reply # 2

Sheboygan Falls, US

I have read a possibility of 3000 shots from the battery. The book states 1050 shots I think. I want the battery because I'm getting the extra grip that holds one. I wish that Nikon would have made the remote to start video. After it is 2011 already.

HayMower Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jan 2008Tue 19-Apr-11 07:06 PM
190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: I picked it up today 4-18"
In response to Reply # 3

US

>I have read a possibility of 3000 shots from the battery. The
>book states 1050 shots I think. I want the battery because I'm
>getting the extra grip that holds one. I wish that Nikon would
>have made the remote to start video. After it is 2011
>already.

The battery in my D7000 is at 60 percent after 300 shots - that factors out to about 750 shots per charge - but they haven't been all the same day or within a short period of time. I think that's the only way to get over 1000 shots on a charge. My bettery drops a percent every couple of days with no action. I am getting more shots with each successive charge for some reason - mybe I'll reach that 3,000 shot mark one of these days (although I would probably change the bettery out long befor that).

I don't have a grip either, and don't know how that would affect battery life.

Hillbilly Harry - in the Missouri Ozarks.

D7000
D40X
AF-S 10-24
AF-S 18-55 VR
AF-S 55-300 VR
AF-S 50 1.4G
AF-S 35 1.8G
SB400
Nikon closeup attachments 0, 1, 3T, 4T

kuzzy Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Wed 20-Apr-11 08:58 PM
1250 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: I picked it up today 4-18"
In response to Reply # 3

Milford, US

I just checked my battery info and since the last charge I have shot 480 images and my battery still reads 78% full. I do not review but a few shots while shooting and they were all without flash. I did scan through them after I was done however and I shoot RAW which supposedly for some unknown reason has a bigger drain on the battery than jpgs. I do not know about 3000 but I would imagine I could get 2000 pretty easily without flash. With the extra battery in the grip I see no reason why you could not get to 3000 shots.

Marc
There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.-Ansel Adams

http://500px.com/WhatISaw
http://kuzzy.smugmug.com

egmonster Gold Member Nikonian since 10th Mar 2011Wed 20-Apr-11 03:58 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: I picked it up today 4-18"
In response to Reply # 0

Egmont, CA

Awesome! I just got a brand new D7000 as well. Give it a good workout. I made sure I was using all the functions when I bought mine on Wednesday last week. On Sunday the pop up flash unit failed after doing a few flash tests. I went in today and got a brand spanking new one with no problems. Very nice folks at Broadway Camera in Vancouver.

New one works perfect. But I am going to put it through its paces again.

Have fun!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8542 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.