Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #849
View in linear mode

Subject: "I couldn't resist and bought the D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
FutureLook Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2003Sat 16-Oct-10 11:57 PM
512 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"I couldn't resist and bought the D7000"

Miami, US

I just went ahead and purchased the kit at Best Buy this afternoon. Now I have no use for the 18-105mm lens so I will have to end up posting it at eBay. My first impression is positive. After a few shots taken with a 50mm 1.8, pictures look very sharp although I need to try other lenses as well. I think that this body will serve it's purpose for occassions where I want to travel light or as a back up to my D300. I still will use my D700 for serious photography although this camera will definitely see quite a bit of action.

Visit my website: http://www.futurelookphotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I couldn't resist and bought the D7000
intrepidnz
17th Oct 2010
FutureLook Silver Member
17th Oct 2010
intrepidnz
17th Oct 2010
moahdun
18th Oct 2010
FutureLook Silver Member
18th Oct 2010
intrepidnz
18th Oct 2010
FutureLook Silver Member
18th Oct 2010
MEMcD Moderator
19th Oct 2010

intrepidnz Registered since 18th Nov 2004Sun 17-Oct-10 12:42 AM
233 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I couldn't resist and bought the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

NZ

I might be in the same boat as you and decide to go with the D7000. It just has so much going for it.

I am looking at the D7000 as my future backup. I think its another generation of camera so why hang on to the older generation when the new one has so much going for it!!

Stilla waiting costs and availability for my part of the world.

all the best with it!!

FutureLook Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2003Sun 17-Oct-10 10:15 AM
512 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: I couldn't resist and bought the D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

Miami, US

Thanks Ross. It is early in the morning and I am preparing to take the camera out for a ride. I am planning to use the 70-200 and the 12-24mm today to really put it to the test. I am very impressed so far with the features of this camera at just above the 1k mark.

Hope you get yours soon!

By the way, I have always been in love with the beauty of your country.

intrepidnz Registered since 18th Nov 2004Sun 17-Oct-10 06:31 PM
233 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: I couldn't resist and bought the D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

NZ

Thanks. I hope I get mine soon too! Am quite excited by this camera!!

I have added my homepage to show you some more pics of NZ.

cheers

moahdun Registered since 17th Oct 2010Mon 18-Oct-10 12:42 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: I couldn't resist and bought the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I picked a D7000 up at Best Buy too. I expect ebay and craiglist will be flooded with these kit lenses.

Now all I need is a Lightroom update...

FutureLook Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2003Mon 18-Oct-10 01:06 AM
#5. "RE: I couldn't resist and bought the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Miami, US

Ross. I looked at your gallery and I must say that I am impressed with the quality of them. There are some in HDR that are breath taking. I am also enclosing my website for you take a look at it when you have an opportunity.

www.futurelookphotography.com

intrepidnz Registered since 18th Nov 2004Mon 18-Oct-10 03:04 AM
#6. "RE: I couldn't resist and bought the D7000"
In response to Reply # 5

NZ

Thanks!

HDR, you say? I didn't consciously do HDR but I think its just me controlling the extremes of contrast in some of the pictures. I have found a way to bring to bring up shadows and tone down the skies in some of them. Most of those pictures were done using Picasa!!

Had a look at your website too and I like what you have done. I see you have been to Santorini!! All nice and clear photos. Good contrast range and good saturation...not too much and not too little.

Back on topic, I had a word with my suppliers down here and he said that news on the price and availability of the new D7000 will be coming out in the 2 weeks and I said put my name on the waiting list. Price will be interesting as he said it will be 'quite keen'.

FutureLook Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2003Mon 18-Oct-10 02:54 PM
#7. "RE: I couldn't resist and bought the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Miami, US

Ross. Now I am more impressed. I thought some of your pictures were HDR however; you state that they were done in Picasa. Excellent job! Beautiful color and saturation.

Hope you get your soon. I also hope that prices there will be realistic.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Tue 19-Oct-10 08:38 PM
25659 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: I couldn't resist and bought the D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Tony,

Congratulations on your new D7000!
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #849 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.