Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8459
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mic" Previous topic | Next topic
jgreg Silver Member Charter MemberSun 17-Apr-11 03:22 AM
351 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Mic"

Sheboygan Falls, US

Does any one know what and where I can get a external Mic for the Nikon D7000? I can't seem to find one at B&H. But maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Mic
Len Shepherd Gold Member
17th Apr 2011
chris_platt Silver Member
17th Apr 2011
jgreg Silver Member
17th Apr 2011
kajphotos
18th Apr 2011
jgreg Silver Member
18th Apr 2011
Chippy569
21st Apr 2011
jgreg Silver Member
22nd Apr 2011

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Sun 17-Apr-11 09:45 AM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Mic"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

The Nikon one is not due for release in Europe until 21st April.
There are plenty of none Nikon products.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

chris_platt Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Apr 2009Sun 17-Apr-11 01:02 PM
751 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Mic"
In response to Reply # 0

Newburg, US

I believe any of these will work well:

http://pro-audio.bhinsights.com/content/camera-microphones-dslr-video.html

Visit my gallery.

jgreg Silver Member Charter MemberSun 17-Apr-11 05:13 PM
351 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Mic"
In response to Reply # 2

Sheboygan Falls, US

Thanks I think maybe the Rode has the best sound. I will not get the camera until next week because that's when it's supposed to get here. So will see what happens then. I'm looking for SD cards for the camera now. I have a Nikon D300 so I guess that will be my back up camera now.

kajphotos Registered since 02nd Apr 2011Mon 18-Apr-11 03:42 AM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Mic"
In response to Reply # 3

yonkers, US

The ME-1 will be available in a few mor weeks .. I was in B&H on Friday and the sals guy checked the system .. But they are taking pre orders

My god bless you and your camera

jgreg Silver Member Charter MemberMon 18-Apr-11 04:18 AM
#5. "RE: Mic"
In response to Reply # 4

Sheboygan Falls, US

>The ME-1 will be available in a few mor weeks .. I was in
>B&H on Friday and the sals guy checked the system .. But
>they are taking pre orders
>
>My god bless you and your camera

Probably the darn earth quake slowing everything down now. I don't need it this minute but looking around for something.

Chippy569 Registered since 21st Apr 2011Thu 21-Apr-11 09:16 PM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Mic"
In response to Reply # 2

US

The Nikon ME-1 is probably not going to be a wow microphone. Nikon makes pretty pictures, not pretty sounds.

The Rode VideoMic Pro is looking like the best camera-mounted shotgun out there. However, depending on what it is you're shooting, you might be better off getting something like a Juicedlink preamp and a lavalier (or clip-on) microphone.

jgreg Silver Member Charter MemberFri 22-Apr-11 03:52 AM
#7. "RE: Mic"
In response to Reply # 6

Sheboygan Falls, US

I'm thinking of shooting my band and a national recording artist I play with. We play places like Buddy Guys Legends in Chicago (Where I'm on Youtube with him) and The Slippery Noodle Inn in Indy. Other things would be Landscapes like water falls.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8459 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.