Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8277
View in linear mode

Subject: "batteries" Previous topic | Next topic
briafast Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2010Tue 12-Apr-11 02:29 AM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"batteries"

New York, US

I am considering getting the D7000. I have a D90 with extra batteries. Do the D90 batteries fit in the D7000 battery grip? Also is the battery different than the D90?

Brian Fass
Cinematographer
www.brianfass.com
Photographer
www.brianfassphotography.com
brianfass@me.com
NYC

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

kuzzy Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Tue 12-Apr-11 02:42 AM
1250 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: batteries"
In response to Reply # 0

Milford, US

Hello Brian, The D7000 uses a different battery (En-El-15) and as far as I know you have the choice of an additional En-El-15 or 6 AA's. I have seen no mention of the D90 batteries working in the D7000.

Marc
There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.-Ansel Adams

http://500px.com/WhatISaw
http://kuzzy.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

grosda Registered since 18th May 2006Tue 12-Apr-11 02:53 AM
91 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: batteries"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 12-Apr-11 02:59 AM by grosda

US

Brian,

I'll answer your questions in reverse: Yes, the D7000 uses a different battery than the D90. The good news: the new model has a great battery life. I used to carry four batteries with me for a days sport shooting with my D90. I can shoot several hundred shots over several hours and not use an entire battery with my D7000.

The D90 batteries do not fit the D7000 grip (per the manual).

It is a bit of a disappointment to have to incur the additional expense, but the new battery system is good. I still carry and use both cameras.

Dale G.
a Missouri Nikonian

My Nikonians Gallery
My Website
My Photo Blog

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Tue 12-Apr-11 02:56 AM
1452 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: batteries"
In response to Reply # 0

US

As far as I can tell, the MD-B11 grip will only work on the D7000. The D7000 also has a 'proprietary' battery, the EN-EL15.

You can, however, use AA batts in the grip if you so choose.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8277 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.