Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8097
View in linear mode

Subject: "18-105 with TC 1.4 teleconverter on a DX camera" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
This message is locked.
b1234s Registered since 05th Dec 2010Fri 08-Apr-11 06:15 PM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"18-105 with TC 1.4 teleconverter on a DX camera"

Winter Garden, US

Would the equivalent MM with an 18-105 Nikon lens with a TC1.4 on the D7000 =
38mm - 220mm?

Just want to make sure I am calculating this correctly.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

aolander Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Sep 2006Fri 08-Apr-11 07:30 PM
3190 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 18-105 with TC 1.4 teleconverter on a DX camera"
In response to Reply # 0

Nevis, US

Equivalent to full frame field of view, yes, you are correct.

Alan

PAStime Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Feb 2009Fri 08-Apr-11 10:06 PM
2669 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 18-105 with TC 1.4 teleconverter on a DX camera"
In response to Reply # 1

Kingston, CA

Somewhat related: Would the TC 14 mount on the 18-105? I somehow doubt it. Cheers, Peter

b1234s Registered since 05th Dec 2010Sat 09-Apr-11 01:18 PM
97 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: 18-105 with TC 1.4 teleconverter on a DX camera"
In response to Reply # 2

Winter Garden, US

Looking at Nikons lens catalog it does not list the TC1.4 as being compatible with the Nikon 18-105mm. I am not sure why this is the case as this is a F3.5mm lens and the TC works with other Nikon f4 lens such as the 300mm F4.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Sat 09-Apr-11 01:31 PM
28728 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: 18-105 with TC 1.4 teleconverter on a DX camera"
In response to Reply # 3
Sat 09-Apr-11 01:32 PM by briantilley

Paignton, GB

This is getting a little off-topic for the D7000 Forum, so I will close the thread after directing you to our Lens Accessories Forum, where amongst other things you'll find this TC Compatibility Chart.

The chart confirms that no Nikon TC can be mounted on the 18-105mm DX lens - all the current Nikon TC's are engineered so that they only fit the longer "pro" AF-S Nikkor lenses, with which they work in an optimal way.

The Kenko Pro 300 DG 1.4x MAY fit, though you should check carefully that the glass elements do not collide and some focal lengths.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #8097 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.