Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7928
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 & KatzEye Fousing Sreen Comments" Previous topic | Next topic
whatahobby Registered since 26th Jun 2008Mon 04-Apr-11 06:25 PM
460 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 & KatzEye Fousing Sreen Comments"

Dayton, US

Hi, Anyone here used or using a D7000 with the KatzEye Focusing Screen mounted. I want to get into mostly Primes and manual focus. Having never used one of these I just need a shove either way to make a decission on purchase of one. Will it benifit? Just want to experiment with some of the great manual primes out there. My questions are really none specific so anything about this duo is fine. I 'd just like to hear some comments from members that have used the KatzEye with a D7000 or any body for that mattter may also help. Likes, Dislikes.

Thanks Members,
Jeff

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

chris_platt Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Apr 2009Mon 04-Apr-11 10:07 PM
751 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 & KatzEye Fousing Sreen Comments"
In response to Reply # 0

Newburg, US

I use a KatzEye on my D200 for manual focus, but I doubt if I will ever get one for the D7000 because I'll use live view for precise manual focus rather than the view finder. IMO you can't beat an enlarged image in live view for focusing.

The KatzEye works well on my D200, although if the light is dim, I'll often use the area outside of the split image to focus because the split image is so difficult to work with in low light.

Visit my gallery.

whatahobby Registered since 26th Jun 2008Tue 05-Apr-11 05:15 PM
460 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 & KatzEye Fousing Sreen Comments"
In response to Reply # 1

Dayton, US

Thanks for your comments. I can not get used to using the live view. Try as I may I am just unable to get a good composition using it for somereason. I know this makes no sence but it's just the way it is for me. I am going to keep practising with Live view and try and get better. I was really hoping someone would say the KatzEye worked really well and had a large improvement but from your comments I guess its just ok. No reason for the OptiBrite either it seems. I do not know what or where to turn other than time, patience, and lots of practise.

Jeff

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7928 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.