Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7674
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 must be hot." Previous topic | Next topic
adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Thu 31-Mar-11 04:54 AM
576 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 must be hot."
Thu 31-Mar-11 05:32 AM by adcam

Portland, US

Just my observation. 2 weeks ago there was a whole stack of D7000 kit with 18-200 lens at my local Costco. Yesterday, they were all gone. Went to my local Best Buy and there kit with 18-105 is also sold out.
I guess I'll keep my D90 a little bit longer.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

chris_platt Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Apr 2009Fri 01-Apr-11 12:13 AM
751 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 must be hot."
In response to Reply # 0

Newburg, US

Yes - feature for price, it is one of the best cameras nikon has produced. There is enormous demand for it.

Visit my gallery.

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Fri 01-Apr-11 06:15 AM
576 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 must be hot."
In response to Reply # 1

Portland, US

Yes!!! My patience paid off. I was ready to buy the D7000 and saw at the Berger Bros website that it was available as body only. Unfortunately it was not true and good thing I called first to verify. I was set to buy one with the kit lens in Costco or Best Buy and good thing they were not available. Got a body only at Shutterbug tonight!

Funny thing is there was a promo to win $1000 from Nikon included with the manuals. It was dated 01/01/08 with an end date of 04/30/09. Being the D7000 was released in 2010, this must have been a promo for the D300s.

I did a couple of test shots in almost total darkness and the pictures still turned out great. This is a huge improvement over my D90. My lucky niece is going to inherit a D90 .

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7674 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.