Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #764
View in linear mode

Subject: "L-bracket for D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 12-Oct-10 10:57 AM
8152 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"L-bracket for D7000"

Atlanta, US

I exchanged emails with Really Right Stuff about the availability of an L-bracket for the D7000. They indicated that design of an L-bracket won't start until they get a production camera. Once they get the camera, it will be 5-7 weeks before the L-bracket is ready for distribution.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: L-bracket for D7000
JPJ Silver Member
12th Oct 2010
ericbowles Moderator
12th Oct 2010
MichaelErlewine Silver Member
13th Oct 2010
jrp Administrator
14th Oct 2010
enesunkie Silver Member
15th Oct 2010
ericbowles Moderator
15th Oct 2010

JPJ Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2009Tue 12-Oct-10 02:57 PM
1327 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: L-bracket for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

The dimensions have not changed much from the D90, I wonder if the D90 L-Bracket will fit (although you would not have access to the side ports by the looks of it.

Jason

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Tue 12-Oct-10 05:34 PM
8152 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: L-bracket for D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

Atlanta, US

< I wonder if the D90 L-Bracket will fit>

Good question.

My D300 L Bracket fits the D90 nicely. My D70 and D200 L brackets will not fit my D300 and my D300 bracket will not fit the D70 or D200. Sometimes the changes are VERY small. The problem ares are the access slots on the side and the bottom of the LCD.

The D7000 will require more use of the side access flap since it does not have a 10 pin connector and uses the mini USB on the side instead.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

MichaelErlewine Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Apr 2008Wed 13-Oct-10 03:20 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: L-bracket for D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

Big Rapids, US

http://www.kirkphoto.com/L-Bracket_for_Nikon_D7000.html

I like Kirk L-Brackets. Here is their announcement of a bracket for the D7000.

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 14-Oct-10 07:38 AM
33936 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: L-bracket for D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

San Pedro Garza García, MX

And here it is at the Nikonians PhotoProShop

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

enesunkie Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Apr 2008Fri 15-Oct-10 01:43 AM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: L-bracket for D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

Buffalo, US

>>I like Kirk L-Brackets.

Can I ask why?

Kurt

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 15-Oct-10 10:03 AM
#6. "RE: L-bracket for D7000"
In response to Reply # 5

Atlanta, US

I use RRS L-brackets, but can probably answer. The differences are very small and probably don't matter in many cases.

RRS says it is better to use RRS brackets with the RRS lever release since there is little room for adjustment to accomodate small differences in clamp groove design. With the regular screw release it does not make any real difference. This may just be sales spin since Markins does not have a similar requirement on their new lever release.

Another factor is the Kirk is often a little cheaper by $10.

These are custom designed items. There can be small differences in features and access to the areas on the side of the camera. The Kirk bracket on the D70 allowed a little easier access to the flap on the side. Another example - the D300 L-bracket from RRS had a slot rather than a single screw hole to allow small differences in positioning. The Kirk model (I think) had a single screw hole allowing no variation.

And of course, buying the Kirk models through the Pro Shop helps support Nikonians.

For more thoughts and discussion you might want to post in the tripod and support forum

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #764 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.