Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7582
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90/D7000 Shutter Cable for Promote Control" Previous topic | Next topic
tonespeak Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2007Mon 28-Mar-11 07:00 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90/D7000 Shutter Cable for Promote Control"

Round Rock, US

Promote Systems sells a Promote Control which is a handheld computer that will control a cameras settings and shutter for a variety of programmed shooting sequences. They have a female 3 channel 1/8" mini plug (looks like a stereo headphone plug) for the shutter control. They have a round D300 style connector cable for the shutter control. Their web page indicates a newer D90, D5000, D3100, D7000 cable for Nikon's newer shutter/gps plug combo. I've never seen it in stock.

So I'm looking for a converter that takes a D300 accessory cable and converts it from the round connector to the square one on the D7000 (and other cameras in that family).

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

carpemoment Registered since 17th Dec 2009Tue 29-Mar-11 12:39 PM
282 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D90/D7000 Shutter Cable for Promote Control"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

Check out http://www.flashzebra.com/. I think he does custom work also if he doesn't already have what you need.

Visit <www.carpemoment.com>.

or http://gary-adkins.fineartamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

michalaase Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Mon 11-Apr-11 06:06 AM
46 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90/D7000 Shutter Cable for Promote Control"
In response to Reply # 0

Karasjok, NO

I emailed Promote Control about this, and within one day got an response from Max Mindfield with instructions how I could make my own cable from the MC-DC2 release control and a 3.5mm stereo jack (if I wish to do so).

He also mentioned that the (Promote) shutter cable for D90/D7000 will be back in stock in about 1-2 months.

I plan to cut the cable of my MC-DC2 in two, soldering av 3.5mm (male) jack at the cable end and a 3.5mm female jack at the "control end". In that way I can use it both as a Promote shutter cable AND as a MC-DC2 contol.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7582 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.