Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7175
View in linear mode

Subject: "The Multiple Exposure fuction on the d7k" Previous topic | Next topic
TakeTwo Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jul 2009Sat 19-Mar-11 08:03 PM
214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"The Multiple Exposure fuction on the d7k"

South Lake Tahoe, US

I have been doing some self tests today on the multiple exposure function on the d7k and can report that the camera is able to shot a 3 shot Ev bracketed or white balance bracketed and save it in camera to one exposure. I tried focus stacking with this feature and it was a no go. Just all fuzzy. I shot three images of the clock and here is the combined image. I moved the hour hand 3 times and the minute hand twice. You can see about 15 seconds of movement during my second and third exposure. I would like to invite you all to post up some of yours so we can see what this feature can be used for. Nikon's manual says : The raw data from the camera image sensor can produce colors noticeably superior to those in software-generated photographic overlays. I'm not seeing that, compared to the bracketed shots sent to my hdr software.

Taken with d7k nikon 105 vr macro 2.8

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

amolsan Registered since 14th Mar 2011Tue 29-Mar-11 10:33 AM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: The Multiple Exposure fuction on the d7k"
In response to Reply # 0

IN

That's a useful Post. Thanks for sharing.

I am new here and new to Nikon and d7000. Hobbyist and bee shooting on 7k for past one month or so.

I am still anable to figure out ( this may sound silly though !) how to take advantage of muti exposure-In Camera.
Can I get One Fianl Image (1+2+3) from the Camrea it self?
Or I need to always use an appropriate software ?

Amol
D 7000, 18-105 VR,35MM 1.8G,
Sony 505, etc.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7175 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.