Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7156
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7000 would not shut-off" Previous topic | Next topic
Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009Sat 19-Mar-11 03:23 PM
234 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 would not shut-off"

Mesa, US

I took some photos this morning with the D7000 set in, “Manual”. I then turned the camera off so that I could remove the SD card and upload the images to my iMac. For reasons unknown to me the D7000 would not shut off. I finally had to remove the battery in order to shut the camera down. The lens that I was using was a 16-85mm DX that I have been using for a while.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Gary

----
Gary

Visit MY Nikon Gallery: http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=13361&ppuser=0

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

po6ept Registered since 27th Nov 2010Sun 20-Mar-11 04:58 AM
40 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 would not shut-off"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 20-Mar-11 05:00 AM by po6ept

Peoria, US

Was the green memory card write light still on? I had a similar problem when I tried to use a defective new SD card. The camera would not shut off as it got hung trying to write to the card. I had to remove the battery, remove both cards, and then insert them one at a time to figure out which one was bad. Removing the SD cards after the camera had frozen had no effect. Your problem might be completely different but I offer this as food for thought.

Bob
Phoenix, AZ

Garys Registered since 22nd Sep 2009Sun 20-Mar-11 01:22 PM
234 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 would not shut-off"
In response to Reply # 1

Mesa, US

No problem with the SD cards. I have continued to shoot all day yesterday and this has not happened again. I guess, I will just ignore it for now.

Gary

----
Gary

Visit MY Nikon Gallery: http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=13361&ppuser=0

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #7156 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.